What kind of plane do I have?

I have an older plane and would like to know the manufacturer. I tried google but am not getting good results.

The base is 2 1/2" x ~9 3/4 rounded in the front and an ogee in the back. The black handle and knob are plastic or maybe bakelite. Around the knob is cast "USA No 4", nothing else that I can see.

It looks very similar to this:

doesn't have a short screw at the base of the handle (#15), the handle can twist slightly between two stops. It also doesn't have the notch at the back of the base.

Cast into the lever cap is "SoJo", this is throwing me of on the google search because "SoJo" alone generates over 1mil hits.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
RayV

I answered my own question.

A little more googling lead me to this:

plane is a SoJo, duh. They were called "SoJo" from 1975 to 1985 then changed to "Sogard" then sold evberything to echo industries in

1997. The above message from oldtools.org said they sold a lot of tools to the govt., which makes sense since I got this plane from an abandoned tool box while in the AF.
Reply to
RayV