What kind of glue?

hey, i'm interested to hear what kinds of glue you guys use in the shop for wood. any pros or cons? i've used titebond II and gorilla for outside stuff. seem to work well for me but does anyone have any others that are durable and reliable? thanks

I use Elmer's Carpenter's Glue and Elmer's waterproof Carpenter's glue. I read an article that tested the various yellow glues and they are all about the same. What is so important is the preparation before the glue-up and allowing plenty of time for the glue to cure. Also, don't buy any more than you can use in a year.

I agree, I assume there may be some compelling use for Poly glues but after doing some fairly controlled tests I am back to the yellow stuff.

Stay away from Gorilla glue. It killed Perry's dog, Maggie, according to the Puppy Wizard.
I generally use titebond II, sometimes gorilla glue. Just for giggles, I found out that the titebond II is fda approved for food contact.
Michael

for
are

Lots. I don't get hung up on just one kind.
Titebond for stuff where I want a quick tack, cheap PVA for biscuit jointing where I'm going to cramp it up.
Hide glue (the real stuff) if I'm assembling the whole of a good piece, and it's worth putting the pot on.
Poly (Balcotan) seems to go off in the bottle more than I ever use it. I only use that for softwood construction joinery anyway.

for
Took a chance on some woodworking glue from Loctite. Saw it at Wal-Mart, of all places. So far - it's fine. Adds credence to the notion that most yellow glues are pretty much the same. I also have a bottle of Titebond Extend.
Heck, Loctite is one of my favorite brands of adhesives.