What is it with this place?

Page 1 of 3
I broke my last coping saw blade about 2 months ago, and finally got around to ordering replacements. They showed up a little after Thanksgiving, but by then, I had already misplaced the saw. Yesterday, the saw popped up, still minus its blade of course, in (of all places) the saws and blades drawer. So where do you suppose the package of replacement blades are? I know I saw them a few times in the past weeks while looking for something else, might even have moved them aside to make space for something. Any of you guys seen my saw blades?

No, but if you help me find the keys to my truck we can drive around and look for them.
LD wrote:

Hey, if you find them can one of you drive me to the optician so I can get some new glasses to help me find my old ones?
--John

I have to keep my mind on a stout chain to prevent me losing it. Unfortunately I can't find the other end of the chain I think it was swallowed by a polka-dot wooden duck named Ida which flew south for the winter and then went into business selling moonbeams to penguins who need them in the manufacture of transient saw blades, glasses, wrenches and interdimensional key rings oops it wasn't a polka duck it was a poltergoose
There, that explains everything.
To never lose anything ever again, tie EVERYTHING to a piece of string but keep hold of the other end and don't let a goose get hold of it and don't be persuaded to let go for anything or anybody. Colour code every string differently. Simple practical and effective.
Bored Borg wrote:

Reminds me of a scene in "City of Ember".
--John
On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:21:47 +0000, J. Clarke wrote

I can't find my copy.....

Yup. Same here, but I did find some clues. Anyway, not to worry. Speaking of the doghouse, though, when I asked if there was anything special She wanted for Xmas, She said, "A jigsaw." Is that a trap, or what? So I went out of my way and got Her some spare blades as stocking stuffers, too. (The need for coping saw blades becomes less urgent in less than week now.)

Look on top of your head.

Highland Pairos wrote:

Thanks, I found the box of screw extractors I had left on the garage roof.
--John

Dan
Tne Old One will appear as soon as you buy a New One
RM MS wrote:

A while back I thought that I had reached the saturation point with my tools. I was wrong, I'm still having to buy a new something every other day because I can't find the last one I bought.
Dave
On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:20:14 +0000, RM MS wrote

Usually, an Old One must be invoked into appearance by reading certain shunned passages of the forbidden Necronomicon by the guttering. baleful light of a candle made from the fat of an executed highwayman within a circle, exactly nine feet in diameter. drawn with a crayon made from the unspilled blood of a virgin bound with grave dirt and some sticky white stuff stolen from a stud farm by a tongueless Arab.
Can't measure the circle. Can't find the tape measure.
The damned book was in the shoe box with all the other instruction manuals - router, washing machine, satellite TV remote, breadmaker... Frankenstein's anatomy course.. the winemaking kit...
Can I find the accursed tome? NOBODY has seen it, touched it, moved, borrowed, read or returned it to the public library. The same nobody that polished off my last half of good single malt that I was saving, along with the tin of Devon custard that was on the shelf two days ago but nobody has used so I had to eat my avocado crumble dry.
So - no instructions..
Maybe I can just make it up as i go along.. don't see any problem with that. O.K. who's got the matches? They were on here a minute ago. Next to the crayon..
I'll use a biro until the crayon turns up..
I'll light the candle with my trusty zippo.. which is in the top drawer in the garage workbench.. Soddit, I'll use the electric fire and a folded length of paper.
Sorry, I had to go and get the blister ointment. and a bucket of water.... good job the carpet was rolled back.
The candle's burning nicely.. well, _balefully_. Now how does that thing go?
"La! Cthulhu Baroda Nikto!!.." umm... "Fh'tagn Yuupee'Ess deliverit! Ad Hominem!!"
Draw the circle on the floor..
"Nachos nauseus cheesibit. Cadcam renderit! T'chock bah flavorit G'na'ppfoobar snork!
That's about nine feet..
I think I've got it now
"Pingu mglw'nafh Cthulhu O'Reilly waggonhog fhnart"
Ahh _there's_ the book.. damn, it's outside the circle and I'm inside it.. I'm sure it won't hurt to sneak out and get it..
That's better.. Oh.. that's what I should have said.. never mind. It sort of sounds a bit similar.. sort of..
The candle's dimming.. it's
.. going out..
and it's dark the room smells of sulfur.. the floor seems to be leaning at a crazy angle.. it doesn't feel like a floor.. it's a wall, and I'm leaning on it.. no, it's a floor.. it's tosssing about like a raftin a storm..
I can hear them.. the scratching in the walls..
the distant, far-away howling.. getting closer..
The door is rattling.. I can hear the wood creaking
the hinges are straining..
..the wood's beginning to splinter...they're coming..
No.. No...
Bored Borg wrote:

Utter the mantra: "There is no Cabal" over and again. The Cabal will protect you.     nobody
LD well done I'm still laughing

MikeWhy wrote:

They're with my shop flashlight, which has been AWOL since last spring. My metric allen wrench set disappeared for several months so I bought a new set. The next day the old ones appeared under the seat of my scooter. A miracle. Now have two sets to lose.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA
Sonny wrote:

Nahh, it's a brief transition to an alternate universe. One time I went to get a stamp. I knew they were in the center console to the car, which was a rectangular box with no nooks or crannies. Opened it up and there were no stamps there. The next day I checked it in daylight. Still no stamps. Got a new roll of stamps next time I went to the post office, went to toss them into the center console and by golly _now_ there was a roll of stamps in there.
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

... and they were laughing hysterically at you, weren't they? I know the stuff I find after buying its replacement does that to me.

If you see them, tell them to send my hacksaw frames back home.
basilisk