What is it? Set 556

Hello everyone! I'm back for just a few weeks, with only one or two items p er post. I need some help with the current item, it looks to be something f or use by a woodworker. I would have posted earlier but had some issues wit h the newsgroup service provider.
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Rob

Welcome back Rob - I think we all miss the What Is It posts. Where are all the guesses on this device ? :-) < I don't even have a foolish guess ! > John T.
--- ---
snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.com wrote:

I really enjoyed this one and forgot how much I enjoyed "playing" this game!
My guess is "a fixture to help shape an archery bow". Something about that seems backwards, but I tried...
Bill

Bill wrote:

In some ways, it reminds me of this device (I just found), used for "gun stock bending".
http://s1182.photobucket.com/user/Riflemeister/media/StockBendingJig004.jpg.html
I didn't even know there was a need to bend gun stocks...

That's an interesting device, thanks for posting it.

Thanks for your comments, it appears that whit3rd has the right general idea but it has been proving very difficult to find a reference for this tool.
Welcome back!
3242: looks like it's intended to rub around a cylinder and cut an inner surface, not too deeply. A keg-end prep tool, to make a snug fitting circle so all the brandy doesn't fall out?
On Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 12:38:28 AM UTC-4, whit3rd wrote:

Thanks!

Sounds like a good use for this tool, it certainly does appear that it would have been used to cut the inner surface of a ring, though I couldn't find any other ones like it on the web.
Rob