What is it? Set 449

Page 2 of 2

Good question, I'll ask the person who sent the photos if the church has one.

The person who sent the photos doesn't own the tool but said that there "very likely was a pipe organ. Most of these German Catholic churches had large pipe organs in them."
But I sent the photos to a pipe organ repair company and they didn't recognize the tool so it's still a mystery for now.
2608 - The hooked top obviously pivots. I've tried various searches of vintage piton, wire piton, pivot head piton and similar.... I've used "screw" and "nail", rather than piton, as keywords, also. The pivoting hooks might can be used as a self latching latch, for a gate or some such. The screw part, to me is for screwing into wood and it's large enough for a latch.
Another idea I had, remembering the paint can carrier from the What Is It? Set 448. Something like a linemans piton for holding tools or wire (temporarily?). I've tried various "utilityman's" and "utility" keywords, also.
All such searches have failed to find something.
Sonny

    Maybe a jack for removing the old rectangular wooden pipes? put it under the pipe, step on the lever while your hands support the pipe?
    Not sure what they would use with the lead pipes, however. I think that the brass ones are usually non-functional and out there for decoration instead.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

2608 - Perhaps something that could be used as a tie point for a horse. I'm sure there is proper name for such a thing but I have no idea what it would be...
Larry