What is it? Set 312

Page 2 of 4
1783: a scaler (to remove scale from iron castings); basically a cleaning chisel.
1785: a coining press; give the balls a spin, and if the RPMs are right, the coins all come out with the right depth of indentation when the motion stops.
1786: ?some kind of dessert cart? Bins for sprinkles and sauces, the main case is to keep flies off the banana split...

1784-How about a coffin for Daffy Duck?

How about a container for a certain size of lead shot /(buck shot)?

LOL!!
I was all set to come back with some seriously hostile sarcasm, your link being all munged, and all. Then I saw the actual object. Brilliant! ;)
nb

LOL, that's the best guess I've heard so far on this box, yet there are still no correct answers posted for it.
Rob
Rob H. wrote:

I'm so glad... for a minute there I was worried that Daffy Duck was dead!
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

No worries on that. You see, it is a "Heisen-koffin'. Like the box that Schroedinger's cat was contained in, it is _only_ when you open it and look inside do you find out whether or not the party is actually deceased! And the secnd picture _does_ show it open -- and *empty*. Ergo, no dead duck. :)
Rob H. wrote: ...

How do you know--I thought the premise was it was unknown...??? :)

Oops. You beat me to the same question.

If you need help figuring out what it's for, how do you know there are no correct answers?

1786 is the unknown item 1784 is Daffy's coffin, which has to be a better answer than whatever the real one is. Kerry

You are correct, Sir. Mea culpa.
But Daffy's head would only fit 1784 after one of Elmer's shots, with Daffy's bill spinning around his forehead.
So that can't be right.

THAT just quacked me up/

Built too well for that. Daffy's casket would be, appropriately enough, quacker-box construction.
EeeeKK!!! the discussion has migrated back to wood-working.
In article

With rabbit joints...

Assembled with Elmer's glue, undoubtedly.
In article

And colour? Maroon, of course.
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 13:44:59 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

1784 is a case for a wood plane.

1788, Ketchup bottle for lazy folks? Beginner's kit to build a "ship in a bottle"? ; )

    O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking as always.
1783)    This looks like a rock-cutting chisel designed to powder a     fairly wide gap of stone.
1784)    No real clue -- though somehow I feel that it connects     to footwear.
1785)    A "fly press". The weights are given a smart spin, and     a thread advances the top ram into contact with the bottom     anvil.
    Perhaps for making coins?
1786)    Perhaps for moving and sterilizing medical tools/instruments?
1787)    Missing most of the wood handle. I suspect that it is for     manipulating lumber in the form of logs -- perhaps a "Peavy"     for breaking up a log jam when they are being sent by water.
1788)    If the lids were spring-loaded instead of screw I would think     an early Nielson bottle -- for taking samples of water at     various depths.
    Now to try to post this -- though last post was refused,     apparently due to problems at the news server.
    And I'll go on to see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.