Need help identifying this metal

Actually, I don't need any help, because it was stolen from me.

Why are we Americans cannibalizing our own country like this?

========================= February 19, 2013 5:25 PM

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) ? Police are investigating a series of thefts at a historic Bronx cemetery.

Someone stole $160,000 worth of bronze and other metals from at least 60 mausoleums and grave sites at St. Raymond?s Cemetery in Throgs Neck,

1010 WINS? Juliet Papa reported Tuesday.

?At some point late last week, started to notice that items were missing from different mausoleums or different grave sites,? said Chief Security Officer Matthew Horace with FJC Security Service, the negligent and clearly incompetent security company used by St. Raymond?s.

?It?s a terrible crime. This is where people come to bury their loved ones,? said Horace.

The stolen items which could be sold as scrap metal include door handles, name plates and vents.

?There were items that were made of brass or copper that were stolen and we all know that right now on the open market, brass and copper yields a profit,? said Horace. ?Criminals and thugs try to steal these things.?

Police said, in all, 63 mausoleums have been hit.

It is unclear when the alleged thefts occurred, but Horace said a guard recently confronted a man on the property who ran off, leaving behind a bag of burglary tools.

?The person fled and dropped the bag that we believe has burglary tools in the bag,? Horace told Silverman.

=============

Photo of a man (an typical american man) wanted in connection with a grand larceny incident at St. Raymond?s Cemetery ==============

The 180-acre cemetery is one of the busiest in the United States, with nearly 4,000 burials each year, according to its website.

Celebrities buried at the cemetery include jazz singer Billie Holiday and former boxing champion Hector ?Macho? Camacho.

?There are a lot of places in here where people can hide or walk, particularly at nighttime,? Horace said.

Reply to
Ray Mond

Ray Mond wrote in news:kg12e7$n8m$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

It's the towelheads doing it.

Reply to
ktos

Ray Mond wrote in news:kg12e7$n8m$4 @speranza.aioe.org:

What is this "we Americans" bullshit? You're the Canuck asshole "Home Guy", posting under yet *another* false identity.

Reply to
Doug Miller

posting under

Canuckistan is so boring HomoGay has to look over our fence to see how we're keeping ourselves busy. It's sad but some don't have a life of their own.

Reply to
krw

posting under

The U.S. has around 9.5 times the population of Canada so statistically we're going to have more weirdos and freaks but of course there's that percentage thing to deal with. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It's true: Canada IS boring. Unless you live here, or you like camping, there's really not much up here. Plus there are really only three places where it's possible to find a job that's not in the resources industry or in government, and one of those places speaks a language nobody else speaks.

Basically, we have what the US has, only less of it. We even speak the same language, with tiny differences limited to a few word-spellings and one narrowly-specific vowel pronunciation.

Everything really good is either in the US, or comes from the US. That fact makes many Canadians so burstingly-full of jealousy and insecurity that it starts oozing out of them as anti-American sneering and condescension.

Reply to
Tegger

Ah but they also have the Queen.

Reply to
harry

posting under

One HomoGay trumps them all.

Reply to
krw

There's also the fact that 95% of Canada is desolate wilderness where all t he weirdos and freaks can be weird and freaky all by their lonesome and not come in contact with another human being for years and years and years... So, you hardly ever hear of them.

Reply to
dennisgauge

You also have this odd letter "zed" in your alphabet and no "Z."

Reply to
dennisgauge

Yes, and you and HomoGay have a lot more than that in common, harry.

Reply to
krw

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Hardly ever -- until they get internet accounts at aoie.org and start posting anti-American diatribes to alt.home.repair under thousands of different pseudonyms.

Reply to
Doug Miller

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Yes. But that does come in handy when naming "Men In Black" characters.

Reply to
Tegger

Both queens.

Reply to
krw

Speak for yourself

Reply to
PV

Now if he said "I find Canada boring, or I believe Canada is boring" then he is speaking for himself.

Reply to
PV

"Zed" is correct. I am English so that makes me expert.

Reply to
harry

I am not an arse bandit.

Reply to
harry

harry wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e10g2000vbv.googlegroups.com:

Both zee and zed are "correct"; they are just regional preferences.

There are THREE pronunciations of that letter. Interestingly, all three have an English origin.

From Wikipedia: "In most dialects of English, the letter's name is 'zed', reflecting its derivation from the Greek zeta, but in American English, its name is 'zee', deriving from a late 17th century English dialectal form.[2]

"Another English dialectal form is izzard. It dates from the mid-18th century and probably derives from Occitan izda or the French zed."

Reply to
Tegger

The question is, "who's on top"?

Reply to