What Happened to Jesada?

When reading the earlier post about router bits I wondered what the status was with Jesada Tools. When I connected to their site it said that Razor Tools was taking over the internet order process for them.

For a while in the 90's it seemed that they were an up and coming company. The owner seemed concerned with customer service and was very involved in the woodworking forum on CompuServe. I know that the nasty split with CMT hurt them but they seemed to come out of it OK. Does anyone know what has happened lately?

Reply to
Frank Drackman

Once the American CMT and ordered by the courts to change names to Jesada sold a year or two ago and the new owners and their service suck. David, the original owners son started and runs Infinity tools.

Reply to
Leon

Leon, have you tried any Infinity bits? Just curious what their quality and value are.

Mark & Juanita

I'm not Leon, but their bits are very good quality. I'd rank them right up with Whiteside, Amana, etc. They offer some good discounts and specials if you are on the email list.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

That is great to know. I had heard that Infinity had a good reputationm but didn't know the link with David. If anyone here was a member of the CompuServe forum they will remember that Carlo was fantastic.

Reply to
Frank Drackman

I'm not Leon either, and I don't know about their router bits, but I *did* just receive a rip blade from them and it cuts sweeeeet.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Yes, I bought a rail and stile and raised panel set about 1 year ago from them. To that I will add that I have had a CMT rail and stile bit set for about 10 years and have done probably 15 pieces of furniture with the set and only touch the carbide up with a diamond file. The CMT bits seem to cut cleaner and better than the new Infinity set. Further however I have not used the Infinity rail and stile set yet, only the railed panel bit and that is the only Infinity bit I have used so far. Value, they seem to be priced fairly but so far I believe that the old Jesada and CMT bits cut better. I know that I am not comparing apples to apples here but it's my gut feeling. The Jesada and CMT bits certainly looked better than the Infinity bits when new. IIRC Infinity does not do its own manufacturing rather they have their bits made to their specs. This may have changed.

Reply to
Leon

A side note I mentioned in another part of this thread, while Jesada manufactured its own bits, Infinity has its bits made to their specs by another company. At least that is the way I understood it 1 year ago.

Reply to
Leon

Hello Frank,

In response to your question, my father Carlo sold Jesada Tools about 4 years ago. The people who bought the company from him did not have much luck with it and are no longer in the business. At Jesada I worked in the manufacturing division where I was responsible for tool design and production.

Infinity Tools was started about three years ago and is an American company. We design and engineer all of our cutting tools in-house (Clearwater, Florida) to ensure the best quality possible. We currently partner with American, Italian and Taiwanese facilities to produce to our exact specification.

As far as our quality and value are concerned; Infinity was founded on two guiding principles, only the highest quality, only the best service. In fact, if you or any forum member would like to try our products, I'd be happy to give you 30% off any selection of router bits until the end of this week. I would only ask that you post your opinion of our products on the forum for others to view.

As always, if you have any questions you can reach me directly at the office at 877-872-2487.

David Venditto Infinity Tools

p.s. For those of you who used to know my dad, he is loving Florida retirement where he lives with my mom and his two golden retrievers, Charlie and Charlotte.

Reply to
David Venditto

I'm glad to see that someone has been handed the torch. Although how you guys handle the daily gridlock of JFK and Alt19 is beyond me.

As for the opinions - you could get more than you asked for. Hmm... maybe I'll order up a set.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

for anybody that wants to know.

Reply to
Upscale

"David Venditto" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I own 'em. I think you've succeeded on both counts.

Reply to
Patrick Conroy

Thanks David, I definately remember your dad. In my mind he is one of the models of customer service that I try to remember. Even in the ugly split with the other CMT he took the high road. I wish him well and will head to your site when I need some tooling.

Reply to
Frank Drackman

I ditto that - Carlo is a class act. I also will visit your site as needs arise.

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

I've bought six Infinity bits in the last two months and recommend them without reservation. They are well balanced, properly designed, and cut very nicely. Now if you only made replacement bits for my Keller dovetail jig. Billy.

Reply to
Billy