Well, well, well. Another Cabinet Master feature.

Page 2 of 2
scribbled

Close to the "a" in father, but a little more open. No diphtongization at all.
BTW, the "" (a with a grave accent) in voil can be accessed by holding the ALT key and hitting 133 on the numeric keypad.
Luigi who grew up in Montreal and likes to say that English is his third language, without pronouncing the superfluous "h" in third, of course.
LRod wrote:

What I have found quite interesting about all of this is that LRod has unwittingly unearthed yet another "Wreck WoodDorking Sacred Subject". What I want to know now is how this one stacks up in the hierarchy. I realize its way below Lee Valley (everything is/Lee Valley is The Scared of The Sacred) but did/does it nudge out the Forrest WWII for the number two spot?
UA100, from the short list...
commented:

How could you forget the real #2 sacred cow: Norm.
On the other hand, how could I have missed this prime Anti-FAQ fodder? I now have to find the best angle for "What are the best clamps?"
Luigi Replace "no" with "yk" twice in reply address for real email address
Luigi Zanasi wrote:

AkchooLee, no, there are no humans on the list at this time. At least none spring to mind. Norm has long been debated, vilified and beatified here so he ain't onnit. Nope, not on the list. Now Rob Lee teknikaLee is by his association with Lee Valley. I'm not sure how it counts though. Now that Rob has been added to the Highest Order of Canucks I expect to see churches in his honor (honour David) springing up all across the lands.

Its the subtleties that we over look. As for angle clamps, I've yet to find one that I really like. Maybe Lee Valley has one?
UA100
LRod has become very own resident Troll..

I have seen LRod's site also.. Lots of info in there... relative easy to navigate...
I noticed he has a "pet peeve" section.. I suspect that the Cabinet Master clamps are going to be added in soon.

Keep it up and he'll add you too! :-)
-Jack
Naw Jack, I think I have passed that and am already on his S_it list.. LOL

LRod,
I love ya man, but I think this may have been a mistake. Unless I'm reading this wrong, the original poster is simply talking about moisture or, perhaps, oil, collecting at the site the clamp is grabbing the wood. I've experienced this many times with many different clamps. It's the wood giving off the moisture or oil, not the clamps, and it goes away (sinks back in) after the clamp has been removed awhile..
Phil, a confirmed KBody user.
--

Best Regards, Phil
Living In The Woods of Beautiful Bonney Lake, Washington

he's just pissed that he lost out on the woodcraft clamp sale. sounds like sour clamps to me

I haven't used the CM's or K's, but a new pair of Jorgensen heavy duty F-clamps did this to me last week when clamping MDF. The clamps have soft pads over the jaws. After the overnight glue-up, there were precisely pad-shaped oil spots where the clamps had been. At the time I thought to myself a clamp company should know better. But at least I can take these pads off. I'd have been really peeved if the clamps' permanent jaws did this.
Bruce
LRod,
I am a little surprised at some of the regulars shooting the messenger. It is not improbable that the clamp pad sweats (I have a Snap-On screwdriver that sweats plasticizer). Reading a few other posts, the reports seem to agree that the pads *do* sweat.
Perhaps if the discussion continues the emotional rhetoric could cease and just facts be discussed. After all, this is how we decided the world is round, and not flat.
Methinks the trolls have stirred everyone up too much.
cheers,
Greg

<snip>
If you are talking about the orange pads used on the pipe clamps, I get that too. I um sand off and finish. I have NEVER had any trouble with the finish in these areas.
--
Rumpty