We're coming home!!!!!

Page 1 of 2
After 3 years living in a "non-aligned" country, I am moving my little tribe back to the USof A. We bought our house and sent off the papers for my wife's visa today. With any luck, I should be buying my new shop in about 4 months. Look out North Carolina, Johnnie is marching home.
Yippee John
--
The Toymaker
Quality Puzzles & Wooden Toys

Which "non-aligned" country might that be?
New Zealand
wrote in message

John Gilham/Patsy Scott wrote:

Welcome back to God's Country. Where in North Carolina?
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
Granite Falls

Uhh, he said N.C., not Wisconsin... :)
patrick conroy wrote:

Precisely.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com

I was thinking the same thing.
Thu, Dec 9, 2004, 5:56pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@conroy-family.net (patrickconroy) says: Uhh, he said N.C., not Wisconsin... :)
I've been in that part of the world. He obviously meant NC.
JOAT Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind. - Dr Seuss

Well, just don't come here in Winter, is all. During summer, Wisconsin is right pleasant. Last year, Patrick, it was July 5th through the 7th, wasn't it?
Dave Hinz

I dunno about that- it gets disgustingly hot in the summer in west-central Wisconsin. OTOH, the winters have been so mild, I'm actually beginning to believe that there might be something to global warming. December 12th already, and I can still see grass outside my window. Heck, it *rained* last week- very odd for WI.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Sorry. I even have the T-Shirt with the caption "God's area code is 906" and the proper outline....
snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.remove says...

handicap and still be the winner for that title :-).
And NC is a pretty state.

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 23:26:16 +1300, "John Gilham/Patsy Scott"

I thought New Zealand was aligned kind of Southwest to Northeast
:-)
Thu, Dec 9, 2004, 5:05am snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com (Upscale) asks: Which "non-aligned" country might that be?
I'm not sure, with the "non-aligned" he could be meaning California.
In any event, North Carolina isn't a bad place to be. Jeez, I've been here 25 years already. Damn. And they still call me a Yankee. LMAO
JOAT Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind. - Dr Seuss
J T wrote:

After only 25 years, you're lucky they don't call you a Damned Yankee.
Fergit? Hell!
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Thu, Dec 9, 2004, 10:00pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.remove (MortimerSchnerd,RN) says: After only 25 years, you're lucky they don't call you a Damned Yankee.
Nah, I fit in right well. I'm the Yankee version of a good ol' boy.
JOAT Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind. - Dr Seuss
J T wrote:

What a wonderful bit of insight! (and possibly a really good /triple/ entendre [not to find fault or anything])

Don't feel bad. I'm originally from Georgia; and they still make me "re-qualify" when I go back to visit.
BTW, yankeehood doesn't normally wear off and there's no known cure. (-8
Actually, NC is a really /good/ place. Unlike most of Iowa, NC actually has real live forests (with trees and everything!)
Strange thing for me to latch onto - but I remember being able to buy milk in North Carolina stores that was richer than I ever found in any other part of the country, including the "Dairy State."
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
JOAT Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind. - Dr Seuss
J T wrote:

Interesting point. Perhaps the real (underlying) question is actually: "Are you a committed community member/steward, or are you just here because you're not somewhere else?"
When you answer that it's been your home for 20+ years, there's a reasonable chance that you /might/ be a committed community member (/might/ because you did, after all, leave the place you were before) - an answer of NY or NJ would seem to deny that this is where home and heart are and imply: "I'm here because I'm not somewhere up north."
I've found that small town and rural areas of Minnesota and Iowa are much the same; and there's growing concern because here we have some of the most productive farm land in the *world* and it's being subdivided and paved over at an ever accelerating pace.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar