Waxing Drawer Guides

What kind of wax do you use to wax drawer guides to make it slide easier?
They sell Beeswax at Woodcraft, but its pretty pricey. Will candle wax work ok? What do most people use?

Can't speak for "most people," but I use Johnson's Paste Wax, the stuff in the yellow can.
Jim Stuyck
Candle wax is fine ,make sure you also do the drawer sides also. mjh
--

"stoutman" <.@.> wrote in message news:A4BRb.127247$Rc4.984065@attbi_s54...
> What kind of wax do you use to wax drawer guides to make it slide easier?
Go to grocery store, buy the parafin they sell for canning, use that.
I have even disolved parafin in acetone and painted it on so it would be absorbed into the wood in some cases
John

Thanks for the suggestion. In fact, I just got back from the grocery store and got the paraffin wax.
The acetone is also a good idea. I had not thought of that.
This NG is awesome.

Beeswax. Beeswax candles are the easiest and cheapest way to obtain this. Works great. I use it on everything I make and everything I don't! Mark
John Crea wrote:

candle wax will work fine.
Candle wax works fine - I expect virtually any kind of wax would. I've even used a bar of soap when I didn't have a candle handy.
One snippet - don't sand the base of your drawers or the runners or guides. Loose abrasive embeds itself in the stock and will greatly accelerate wear.
Cheers
Frank

I use Butchers wax. My Dad told me about it years ago.
Wayne
stoutman wrote:

So it must have been not only the birds and the bees but the beeswax also. mjh
--

"mail_$" <"mail_$"@zuik.net> wrote in message
Didn't I just read where you're not supposed to be funny?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/23/04