water based lacquer

Its been a while since I sprayed water based lacquer. Seems like "General Finishes" appears in a few of the usual catalogs(I generally use the ketone based).

Just wanted to hear from others if there is anything "new" out there since the last 15 years in water based. I use a conventional aspirator gun.

cheers Fritz

Reply to
FS

l Finishes" appears in a few of the usual catalogs(I generally use the keto ne based).

ce the last 15 years in water based. I use a conventional aspirator gun.

I have been using Hood's Hydrocote Varithane Plus for a number of years and have had good luck with it. I spray it with a Fujii 4 stage HVLP gun. It can be diluted as needed for your gun; it will settle out in the jug (I buy it in 5 gallon containers) but a bit of stirring fixes that problem.

Len

Len

Reply to
Len

Not sure what category it falls in but there are a number of water based ceramic finishes, Ceramathane (sp?) being one. My kitchen is pickled with it, brushed on, and I like it.

Reply to
pentapus