Washer for Miter Slot

I'm building a sled for the table saw, and want to install the hold down washer that the miter gauge has on my guides. Can't find them anywhere.

Before I take the time to turn down washers, and then try to countersink the existing hole for a flat head screw: Does anyone know of a source?

tia, Randy

Reply to
Randy

Could you be talking about T-Slot nuts?

Upscale

If I can find them, I'll send you all of mine. I don't like them, so I take them off.

I'll check today and get back to you.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

anywhere.

countersink

source?

Whoever made your tablesaw will have them as replacement parts.

If you make your own, there's no particular reason they need to be round. A rectangular piece of heavy sheet metal with a countersunk hole for a flat head screw would be easier to make, and work just as well.

Tim

Reply to
tim124c41

Reply to
Randy

I might take the one off the miter gauge, (since it really doesn't accomplish any thing unless the wood is clamped to it) but then I would have only one of two I need.

If you have one you aren't using please let me know.

Thanks, Randy.

B a r r y wrote:

Reply to
Randy

Thanks, for your reply.

Delta has a part number for them, but the local repair place is saying two to four weeks for delivery. The online places I found are quoting the same delivery window.

I want to finish the sled, and get back to cutting wood, so thats out.

I was hoping there might be one made by one of the accessory manufacturers, that make the guide bars. The 7/8-inch by 1/8-inch t-slot at the bottom of the miter slot is an industry standard configuration on most mid and high range table saws. The after market miter gauges I've looked at all have the washer/plate on the bottom.

I will build it with out for now, but really want the washer/plate, as it helps prevent kickback if the work peice is clamped to the sled.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Randy

====================== Barry I do the same thing...for the same reason.

However I know where mine are located....in the County Landfil.... ! I toss them in the trash ... Bob Griffiths...

Reply to
Bob G.