Warm and Fuzzy . . . . .

Something Nice . . . that made me all warm and fuzzy this morning . ..
A couple of weeks ago I had a call from a bloke from the City of Melville (a Local Council in Perth ) about one of my Jarrah park benches he had spotted on my website - could it be done a certain way to accommodate a small memorial plaque on the back ?. . and so on.
That he would be in touch again re job order and delivery and such - me having just bashed out 7 of them for our little shire to pop around in the various parks and gardens in our little town. .
Anyway - this morning I receive a phone call from a lady who starts off by identifying herself and saying "you dont know me, but I am the lady for whom you are making the lovely memorial park bench for my husband . .."
And goes on to tell me some of the gentleman's story - that he was a master builder and craftsman, with a passion for timber and people . . and that they had an affinity for the area in which I now live . .. and the connection with the Swan River - by which they used to live together - and that the park bench will be placed in a certain vantage point in a park where this couple used to spend a bit of time together overlooking the river . .. . ..
And how pleased the family was to have found my site ( under my Swanriver Furniture banner) and the connection to Nannup etc. .. .
At the end of my conversation with this lovely old lady - I had a flamin tear in my eye and goose bumps all over . . .. and felt decidedly warm and fuzzy . . .
So I thought I would pass on this nice story to yiz . . . . knowing that as craftsmen and general wood butchers yourselves - you would appreciate this gesture to the memory of a passed master craftsman . . ... .. .
(Cripes - another bit of something in my eye again . . .. .)
Phully The Nannup Furniture Gallery Support Local small business ~ Save a Species Today ~ ME! www.swanriverfurniture.com.au snipped-for-privacy@swanriverfurniture.com.au
That's the kind of experience money can't buy.
Often when we do something good just because it needs doing and we can do it we get back more than we put in - the cast your bread upon the waters thing.
With all the If It Bleeds It Leads in the media it's good to be reminded that the vast majority of people are good and caring folks.
Thanks
charlie b
Warms the heart to read that. Take special care on that one Phully. Not sure how many of us old S.O.B.'s would have a woman wanting to set up a memorial for us. That's why I want to build as many nice things as I can before I die. I leave more chance someone will remember the old fart who built it.
Roy
On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:39:26 +0800, the opaque "Phil Laird"
--snip, sniffle, HONK--

Goodonya, Mate. Wunnerful story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

That's because you ARE, ya furry beastie.

Yeah, I feel something up in this hemisphere, too. Must be the weather. Katrina kicking things up.
=========================================================CAUTION: Do NOT look directly into laser with remaining eyeball! ========================================================= http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design
Phil,
Good to hear from you again - your weekly pictures and tales of adventure in abpw have been missed.
Great story and that's one that can be passed on to the next generation....
Welcome back,
Bob S.

Me too. Sometime's it damned nice to be reminded of the pluses of being in the Human Race.
Thank you...
Dear Phully:
The best part of my life I lived Beside the river Swan And met a friend, or two, or three Before I did move on
And where I moved to moved me not So much as where I'd been Beside the river Swan I lived N'er lived so well again
Though moved away in later years I came back in my Fall Perhaps so only in my mind Pehaps to Winter's call
Beside the river Swan I go If only in my wishing Upon a cloud and resting proud I'll do a bit of fishing
Regards,
Tommy.
On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:39:26 +0800, "Phil Laird"

So. . . . .Tom . . . . . . .Are you saying this is your Swan Song?
Sorry, couldn't help myself! Later!
Roy
Snarfle,
ya soppy git..