A Warm Fuzzy, Not A Gloat

Stopped at the Homier tool sale today, at the Smithfield, NC, NG Armory. Still on tomorrow too. Picked up a 2-gallon mini pancake air compressor, and a come along, for a total of $38 and change.

I already had a compressor. But, have two sons, and only see that compressor in passing. So got this for my own use. Plan on painting it yellow ASAP - they don't touch any of my yellow painted tools. Heh heh. It's not much, but it'll cover all my forseeable compressor needs. Was thinking it included an air hose, then opened it at home and realized I'd been thinking of a HF model. May have to go back tomorrow to get one.

JOAT That the peope have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and the state. - Pennsylvania Constitution of 1776

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT

J T

Good luck with your purchases. Everything I ever bought from Homier has been trash, and even at their "low" prices typcially is over priced for what is actually is. Brand name refurbs are ok, but again, I think they are overpriced.

John

Reply to
John Crea

Sat, Mar 6, 2004, 12:24pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@knology.net (John=A0Crea) says: Good luck with your purchases. =A0 Everything I ever bought from Homier has been trash, and even at their "low" prices typcially is over priced for what is actually is. Brand name refurbs are ok, but again, I think they are overpriced.

I hear the same about HF and Sears. I buy from both. Came in an attractive cardboard box, that had good printing and graphics, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

It looks good, sounds good, works good. It cost less than half what I had figured I'd have to pay. Bottom line, it'll do what I need it for. It'll go up in one corner of the shop, as soon as I paint it yellow.

JOAT That the peope have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and the state. - Pennsylvania Constitution of 1776

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT

J T

I do too, and I'm even sporting a shiny new Crapsman table saw, but I agree with the other guy. Good luck with that thing.

I've been to a couple of their sales without buying anything at all. Worst collection of rusting low quality garbage I've ever seen under one roof. Saw blades covered in rust with crooked teeth that are half falling off. Router bits with the paint flaking off. Drill presses with obviously crooked quills. Tractors leaking hydraulic fluid all over the place. Homier is some kind of travelling Big Lots for tools that somebody salvaged out of a container that fell off the deck of a ship in a hurricane or something.

Damn. I need to send you that jigsaw! I've been forgetting for months now, haven't I? I probably lost your address. Email me with it again and I'll get SWMBO to drop it in the mail on Monday. It's been boxed up since after Christmas.

Reply to
Silvan