Voting Open (Picture Frame Contest)

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/contest_poll.php
Get yer vote on! Pick the purtiest picture frame of the bunch.

I voted for 5, which would have been stupendous in mahogany.
13 and 18 were great, too.
18 would have looked great in real mahogany rather than the new, striped stuff.
-- All of us want to do well. But if we do not do good, too, then doing well will never be enough. -- Anna Quindlen
On 8/17/2012 11:27 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I like 5, 13 and 18 too. I was really blown away with the number of entries. Granted many people entered frames that they made already, but some actually made frames specifically for the contest which was great.
Some frames are already taking a good lead but it's still early.
Thanks for taking the time to vote!
-BG

I also enjoyed 5, 13 and 18. I am fond of arts and crafts style and liked 13 and 21 too. It was a tough choice for me between 9 and 15. I love the looks of both frames but voted for 15 because I felt the curly maple added a little special extra touch.
I love frames, photos and art. I am still working on tools. I am hoping once my shed is fixed, I can start making frames like these.
`Casper

I've been really busy and missed this.... would have entered my sons' work!
They did all the work with hand tools starting with rough cut walnut. Some photos of the process:
http://www.midhudsonwoodworkers.org/Gallerypages/Otherpages/Grossbohlinother/grossbohlinothermain.htm
Finished results at alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.
Note the ribbon... Garrett Hack was one of the judges and he told me afterwards it didn't hurt that their photos were in the frames. ;~) These frames now reside with their grandmother.

I've started another contest that would be great for a kid or father and son. It's an all hand tool contest where you make a toy. The winner gets a Roy Underhill DVD.
Details here: http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Forum/showthread.php?tid 9

http://www.midhudsonwoodworkers.org/Gallerypages/Otherpages/Grossbohlinother/grossbohlinothermain.htm