Very non-PC wood working project

This looks like a fun project!

careful!

Tim Douglass

I can see it now- the kid takes that top picture to school, to prove to his buds that his dad is a freakin genius, and gets suspended under an "enlightened" Zero Tolerance policy. No wait, suspension is for crayon drawings of small arms and such; this being almost a WMD, expulsion should be in order...

Reply to
someone

You need to spend some time in a school to gain some enlightenment, sport. The only weapons policy unarguable (or so it should be) by an idiot attorney or stay-at-work parent is zero tolerance.

Learning the rules of language and mathematics is pretty much the same as learning any others - a matter of self-discipline.

Reply to
George

Why? Do you find mere condescension to be a valid substitute for a rational argument? Did you learn that in a school?

sorry, but I'm having a hard time parsing the above. Are you saying that a zero tolerance policy is the only policy against which there is no argument (by stay-at-work parent or idiot attorney)? So a professional homemaker, telecommuter, or smart attorney could submit an effective rebuttal?

However, since "unarguable" is an adjective, the only correct way I can read your sentence is "The only weapons policy (or so it should be) by an idiot attorney or stay-at-work parent is zero tolerance.", which doesn't make much sense. I'm left to infer something along the lines of "the only indisputable weapons policy (created) by an idiot attorney or stay-at-work parent is zero tolerance"- is this what you're getting at? How does being created by an idiot put it beyond question? Why is a working parent == an idiot attorney? Does your parenthetical "or so it should be" imply you agree with this policy, which was created by idiot attorneys?

Now that is perfectly clear, and unarguable- I suggest you repeat it while looking in the mirror.

Reply to
someone