Scarp wood project suggestions

I have ~5-6 bd/ft of very pretty CVG eastern cedar, left over from an outdoor project. It would be a shame to use wood this pretty for bird feeders.

Any suggestions for something cool?

Thanks!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Cooking salmon?

Reply to
Toller

Resaw to stretch it and use for lining boxes - or drawers - or closet floor - ceder discourages moths and smells kind of nice - in moderation. If you have a lathe, maybe turn some hair sticks for a lady with long hair - pencils and ball point pens could go back to being writing instruments. Or you could make a carved sign or two. Rather than a birdhouse how about making an A&C type porch lite or sconce?

Had enough?

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Sun, Sep 10, 2006, 12:05am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net (B=A0A=A0R=A0R=A0Y) doth mumble: I have ~5-6 bd/ft of very pretty CVG eastern cedar, left over from an outdoor project. It would be a shame to use wood this pretty for bird feeders. Any suggestions for something cool?

Send to me.

Sigh, once again to the rescue. Go into that little room. Close the door. Sit down. Then think. Kid's treasure chest (i've posted plans before, check the archives), hearts to put in a lady's langerie (sic) drawer to make those frilly thingies smell nice, jewelry box, potpoury holder, toilet seat, model ship, send to me as a sacrifice to the Woodworking Gods (you're behind), business card holder, chess set, change holder, cut hearts or whatever to put in your sock drawer - probably needed more there then in your wife's drawer, plane it down into pet bedding, send to me. All that's without even gong to the thinking room. If nothing else I'd just put a piece next to the end of the couch and pick it up and smell it once in awhile.

JOAT I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn well they're after me.

Reply to
J T