Utility Knife

Page 4 of 4

That too much tool for a little man like you Skippy. I have one as well. But I actually know how to use it.
snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

Aw, look. Upscale has a new friend.
er
--
email not valid

He does seem a bit lonely. That's trolls lot in life unfortunately.
I'm going to keep the poor soul company for a while.;-)
You'd know, Pooky.
After reading your original message I went to EBay and looked over this vendors products. Bought the Lawson knife with side-loading blades and just got it a few minutes ago. It's everything he advertised and more. It's already become my favorite instrument for maiming and hacking up myself. Can't wait to see how much blood I will lose.
Seems to be heavier built than a Stanley Knife, has some rubber coating for grip, little door pops open on the side to side-load a pack of blades (comes with 6, 1 in the carrier and 5 in the storage drawer.) Wording on storage door indicates 5 blades in storage is max.
Removing a dull blade is easy, just press a button in the front and the old blade pulls right out. Slide the blade carrier back and fwd again and it loads a new fresh blade (total time to load a new blade is 3-5 seconds, including removing the old one). Can turn the old blade front-to-back and pop it back in to use the sharp end.
Also bought a box of 10 packs of 3-blade (30 total) off same seller as knife (Cripe Distributing). Has Lenox edge, shatter-resistant, bi-metal, suppose to last 3x longer, for $7. Haven't used them yet, but they look like excellent quality.
All-in-all very well satisfied with utility knife and very highly recommend it. Always hated having to use a screwdriver to open the Stanley Knife and put new blades in. Here's the vendor's EBay store, seems to carry all kinds of utility knives and other tools: http://stores.ebay.com/Cripe-Distributing
Thanks for sharing your find. Dennis

Dennis wrote:

You're welcome. A large part of my posting was my dissatisfaction with Stanley's marketing and product line. They are currently running ads about their old knife which has a push button near the front to change blades - they're promoting it as "automatic" and "new". It is neither.
Stanley is the 900 pound gorilla (you have a problem with that?!) and does pretty much what it pleases. There is no reason for them to update their product line in the "more boring" categories if there is no market demand for them to do so. Hopefully, by making people aware that there are alternatives to Stanley, I have helped in some small way.
PS I'm not a Stanley basher. I have a large collection of antique Stanley tools, some of which are daily users, and it would still be a chore to wrest them from my cold, dead hands.
Thanks for the tip, I just went to ebay and bought 2...
--
Zak/USMC/F 2-11/Viet Nam/'68-'69
"Dennis" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message

These are not available locally? Just a personal thing with me - I can't pay 2x, 1.5x, whatever for something because of shipping.
Shipping was $4.50 for one, + $1 for each additional. Don't know what your sales tax is, but ours is 6%. Local would sell it for retail, then add 6% so I'm still ahead. Haven't seen them local, but I would check at Lowe's and Menards.