unisaw question

I recently purchased a used 5 hp unisaw. It has a right tilt. Whats the diference between right and left tilt? Is one better than the other, or what kind of job would you use one over the other? Thanks in advance for any response.
Byron wrote:

One tilts to the right, the other tilts to the left.

Yes. No. Oh wait, maybe?

OK, all kidding aside, the left tilt is better when ripping a bevel as the stock isn't trapped beneath the blade. The right tilt is better because dado blade set-ups can use the scale on the front bar without having to do some mat-mat-ikal adjustments (in your head where all the mistakes are made).
Now, having said all that, I have a right tilt and I'm happy as a clam with it but I don't like ripping bevels. Will I sell the saw for a shiney new one? Hell no.

But I really don't feel like I've added a whole bunch.
UA100

The way the blade tilts for bevels.
Is one better than the

Yes, the important type is the one that comes on a Unisaw at a good price. That will over ride any other issues . Ed
On 12 Jun 2004 05:36:20 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Byron) wrote:

cool.
this is a woodworking forum. political discussions are off topic.

one tilts to the right, while the other tilts to the left.
*sheesh*

yes.
no, keep them both on the floor. tablesaws don't stack well.

happy to help....
Other than the way the blade tilts, no real difference
Some folks prefer a left tilt, but either will work just fine for you
Many folks claim that left tilt saws are SAFER when cutting angled cuts, as the cutoff falls OUTSIDE instead of between the blade and the fence (as you do the majority of cutting with the fence on the right side of the blade)
John