TV Stand is coming along

Page 2 of 3
snipped-for-privacy@garagewoodworks.com wrote:

your IP address and I will physically block you from accessing it again and save you the accidental trouble of stopping by. If you block me, I can't help you keep your page "clean". It seems like people running web pages like you are ought to be policed. I didn't charge you anything for the help I gave you tonight.
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:40:53 PM UTC-5, Bill wrote:

me your IP address and I will physically block you from accessing it again and save you the accidental trouble of stopping by.

Yep. Knucklehead.
On 2/27/13 10:15 PM, snipped-for-privacy@garagewoodworks.com wrote:

Just a thought, but your videos have ads. Assuming the ads are generated by a third party, they might be bringing their own dance partners to the party.
--

-MIKE-

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:23:34 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:

I don't think BlipTV has any association with Google (per his link he accused me of directing people to). BlipTV and Google Ads are competitors, not partners.

snipped-for-privacy@garagewoodworks.com wrote:

me of directing people to). BlipTV and Google Ads are competitors, not partners. Replace your BlipTV code and I'll check my browser for the link again (or you can do the same)...

Of course that is the case. Bill is just being exceedingly silly/foolish about this.
Cookies are cookies, there is really no difference between first party and third party cookies except who left them. Some cookies are left as a matter of course by a visit to a website that has ads by the advertisers themselves, not by direct action of the website owner.These "third party" cookies can be blocked by the user in most browsers, or by add-ons. Although they are basically benign for all practical purposes, they are used for tracking as it is possible for the advertiser to use its "third-party" cookie to identify a visit as you move from one site with its ads to another site with its ads.
It is up to Bill to wise up and learn to protect himself on the Internet, not Brian. Neither Momma, nor government, can't take care of you forever. Inform yourself, quit blaming others, and learn to protect yourself.
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

On 2/28/2013 6:46 AM, Swingman wrote:

It was revealed however that Brian is not familiar with all of the technology (scripts) that he was using at this web site, and that it was "too much work" for him to care. That culminates my public service announcement.
On 2/28/2013 7:35 AM, Bill wrote:

I mean terminates, not "culminates".
On 2/28/2013 6:35 AM, Bill wrote:

Bullshit, Bill. :)
Once again, that is your job, and decision, NOT his. If you don't want to deal with client side JS, turn it off on your end!
You will lose certain benefits, and with ALL benefits come risks ... it is your decision, and yours ONLY, to weight those benefits against any risks, NOT his.
Quit yerbitching and blaming Brian, and stand on your own two feet in this regard ... that is the reality of the situation. ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
snipped-for-privacy@garagewoodworks.com writes:

Trim your posts, please.
When I went to your homepage, I was served a selection of adverts on the right hand side. (Mainly for woodworking mags). Since I don't have the ability to view videos here, I didn't bother to try your videos.
If those ads were served by a third party (e.g. google ads), then it's because you've allowed them.
scott
On Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:33:20 AM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Only two ads for woodworking magazines.

ONLY woodworking mags.

Nope. No google ads on my site. Those mag ads are served by me via agreements set up with the publishers.

What you say is absolutely true, but in this digital world unless you want to isolate yourself completely, you're almost forced or at the very least coerced into letting that content in.
On 3/2/2013 11:03 AM, Dave wrote:

Lots of absolutely idiotic things we put up with for convenience.
I mean, just imagine the idiot who will put up with paying a TV cable company for a Prepackaged lineup of channels, so each channel can show you 15 minutes of commercials every 30, while you are paying for the privilege.
Go figure ... :)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Swingman wrote:

cable cord (and their phone cord), and my wife and I have been happier ever since. I/We wish I would have done it sooner.
On 3/2/2013 12:20 PM, Bill wrote:

Been trying like hell to get the other inmates here to agree to the same action ... but it's not an easy sell to females who want to watch things like Greys Anatomy on demand, especially when you succumbed, in a weak moment, to agreeing to let the lead TV sled dog buy a 60" HDTV in exchange for giving up her recliner ... so I could build the sofa table I always wanted while I still had the chops. :(
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Swingman wrote:

Maybe this will strengthen your case next time you approach the bargaining table. http://www.sidereel.com/Greys_Anatomy
With what you'll save on cable, you ought to be able to buy *2* new recliners in a short while--to say nothing of things with blades.
On 3/2/2013 12:44 PM, Bill wrote:

Amongst the inmates are two Netflix accounts, and one Apple TV, so no shortage of $ane options ... $uffice it to $ay that does not $way them in the lea$t.

No more recliners, was glad to get rid of them ... can't put a sofa table behind a recliner, and now I don't have to be rude to the company when they presume to sit in _mine_. Besides, I almost killed one of the pup with those jaws of death when it weighed less than a bag of sugar.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Love my 20+ year-old backsaver. I wish I knew a reasonable way to repair the leather cushion. The leather is OK, but the filling is escaping and the cushion doesn't stay put anymore so I continuously have to get out of the chair and pull it up. Kids and grandkids love it. Spouse doesn't <grin>.
--
Best regards
Han

Hauled my only recliner to the dump a couple of years ago. Down to a Morris Chair and matching rocker, and an old sofa which is gone when I build the matching love seat. No room for anyone to sleep on furniture.
Mike M

<snicker>
--
Best regards