Part 1, Part 2 brass, Torbeck or Siamp?

I am about to replace an elderly brass float valve feeding a loft cold water tank. I see that I have choice of Part 1 or 2 brass valves (what is the difference - both seem to be available in high and low pressure versions?). I thought that equilibrium type valves were usually confined to WC cisterns but do have the advantage of being quiet. If these are suitable does anyone know what is the difference (apart from price) between Torbeck and Siamp. From an ongoing maintenance viewpoint is there any advantage of the equilibrium valve over the traditional brass type in a hard water area?

The full range appear to be available at

for any advice.

Reply to
Robert