TS blade burns burn through latex?

Cutting Poplar and when moving the hand back during feed the wood gets circular burns. Finish will probably be latex and am wondering if these burns will burn through like knots in pine. If so will dewaxed shellac seal? HD guy today hasn't heard of Zinsser Seal Coat, no surprise. Guess I need to use yellow pages to find paint stores for availability. Their site doesn't have specifics for "Where to buy".
Bob Bowles wrote:

Why not fix the saw so it doesn't burn when it cuts?
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
It won't soak paint in like the non-hardened parts, but that should pose no problem.
Now lets talk about "heel" in your saw....

Ask them where they keep their spray shellac. I've seen it in every HD I've been in.