true edge

I do not have access to a jointer. I need to true the edge of rough sawn lumber. Can this be done somehow on a table saw? If so how do I build a jig to accomplish this? Paul

Reply to
Paul

Cut a piece of 3/4" plywood 8' long by about 8" wide. Put a 1x2 fence along one edge. Put the rough sawn board against the fence (concave side to the fence) and clamp it down. I use toggle clamps that are attached to the fence. You run the fence side against the table saw fence and straighten one edge of the rough sawn lumber.

Preston

Reply to
Preston Andreas

there are also available at woodcraft and others a set of clamps called jointer clamps for this purpose.

Reply to
KYHighlander

Reply to
Pat Barber

I plane an edge straight with a #7 plane and run that side against the fence.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes