Totally OT

Just another reason California is where it is today.
http://news.yahoo.com/drought-shaming-targets-wealthy-water-wasters-during-california-drought-154223581.html
And I read yesterday that Walmart gets its bottled water from California. It just cracks me up that California allows it precious small water supply leave the state. But then that is what lines the politician's pockets.
On 5/19/2015 5:21 PM, Leon wrote:

I'd be afraid to have a really nice lawn. Water vigilantes may be doing damage.
On 5/19/2015 5:21 PM, Leon wrote:

Clearly California took it's sweet ass time in declaring a drought emergency. Had it been any other state other than Californication, they would have had restrictions the first year of the drought, not 4 years later. Californication...
--
Jeff

There has been water restrictions for the last 10 or more years. We moved out after being under them for a few years. It is just becoming stronger and more coverage.
Someday the rich will find out about the drought, but none read or listen to the TV. They party.
Martin
On 5/19/2015 10:15 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Walmart and that little coffee company. Both bottle water from California.
On 5/19/2015 4:21 PM, Leon wrote:

On 5/19/2015 3:21 PM, Leon wrote:

Then it should really crack you up that the arid states of Utah, Arizona and Nevada let a single drop of Colorado River water get to California in the first place.
On 5/20/2015 3:09 AM, Just Wondering wrote:

This is true but then again they are not over populated. Nevada OTOH could probably put our country in a better energy position if they did not burn so much resources to keep their glitter lit up. I watched a one hour special on how much energy LasVegas literally wastes to light the place up..... Unbelievable. The show was really about how they need an unbelievable amount of power stations to fulfill the need. I was left with the impression that LasVegas sucks you to death in more ways than one.
On 5/20/2015 7:32 AM, Leon wrote:

> Water puts a limit on population growth. If none of the Colorado River reached California, Southern Cal wouldn't have become so populated in the first place.
On 5/21/2015 3:36 AM, Just Wondering wrote:

But a limitation of water does not limit population growth, look at California. People are still going to have families, California is still going to have wild raging fires, and California is still going too export water. While I agree with your statement somewhat, California is a prime example of too many people in one place that are simply making do with less and less. I wonder what kind of cancer warning label the water has that they are exporting.

Consider the explosive growth of Las Vegas. Even less water than California (and in the midst of a much longer drought as well).

If you're referring to bottled water, it is literally a drop in the bucket and a political issue, not a water issue.
By far the largest amount of water "exported" from california is in the form of fruit, nuts[*], vegetables, lettuce and dairy that feeds most of the rest of the nation during the winter.
[*] Almonds, pistachios, walnuts.
On 5/21/2015 8:41 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Exactly and they way they waste much of what they produce to get the water that they do need at a premium price.

Yeah. But it does indicate a lack of unified outlook on their situation. I reminds me of when the GM execs were flying out to testify some years back and were used make an example of for wasteful spending.

Probably but also those products require a lot of water for growth.

Leaving aside William Mullholland?
On Thu, 21 May 2015 02:36:35 -0600, Just Wondering wrote:

Can you spell Owens Valley? Aqueduct?
On 5/19/2015 4:21 PM, Leon wrote:

Liberal/progressive mindset is to pay their money to support rules legislated for you, not for them.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net