Tormek Drill Bit Attachment

Found this in my email a few days ago from Sharp Tools USA. Piqued my interest so I followed the link to Jeff Farris' website. Got a look at the price of this attachment. $254.95. Talk about sticker shock. I'm not predicting a lot of these will be sold.
"The new DBS-22 Drill Bit Sharpening Attachment works with any size twist drill, from 1/8" to 7/8", fractional or metric. Follow the simple, well-documented directions to create a grind that resists walking, cuts cleanly and works better in most materials than a traditional flat grind. You can choose the optimum drill angle and clearance angle, based on what material the drill will be used to cut. The DBS-22 will arrive in the United States in early October. You can be among the first to own this amazing new attachment. We are accepting pre-orders now, but will not bill your credit card until your DBS-22 is ready to ship." https://www.sharptoolsusa.com/preorder.php?prodID%6
Add pictures here
✖

CRAP that is expensive..... You can get a Drill Doctor that does the same thing for half the price and probably much faster. BTY my Drill Doctor will do split point also.
IO'm knocking the Tormek, I have one and it is a very good grinder.

Add pictures here
✖

oops, NOT Knocking the Tormek.
Add pictures here
✖
On 8/30/2010 6:24 PM, Leon wrote:

I'll wait for JET to copy it.

Add pictures here
✖
On 8/31/10 2:42 PM, "<<<__ Bøb __>>>" wrote:

You misspelled Harbor Freight. :-)
--

-MIKE-

✖

Lesseee now.... How many of these can I buy for that kind of money....I can't see how you'd sharpen them...
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31AtRLNbaPL.jpg
Add pictures here
✖

Close, but Harbor Freight makes better knockoffs than Jet or Delta.
-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson
Add pictures here
✖

✖

So will my right hand, and so can yours with a little practice.
Add pictures here
✖