cracked attachment

I have a backflow valve, which I drained for the winter, but the frozen water cracked the pipe at the shutoff valve.

on the LHS, I have a crack in the metal part that attaches to the backflow value to the plastic piping. Where can I purchase just that one piece [2"x2" with the shut off valve], or do I have to buy the whole thing? What is it called? I get my city water, which has a meter. Is there an attachment which would allow me to shut off the water going into the house. Can I just get away with putting a 2" hose clamp and some "steel hard" epoxy on the crack?

Reply to
Deodiaus

Deodiaus

taped ball valve wilkins 2-850t

Deodiaus

It is called a

2 inch tapped ball valve with test port

Is this standard for pip> taped ball valve

Reply to
Deodiaus

Abandon the methamphetamine for a week and report back. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

There will be a cut-off just south of the city's meter. In most cases, it's actually part of the meter.

Reply to
HeyBub

Reply to
Deodiaus

Wilkins 975XL When the parts list says tapped, does that refer to the test port tap? What is the purpose of the test port, to test the operation of the preventor in doing its job?

Reply to
Deodiaus

thanks for that info. it was buried in the mud. I put a half pipe on it attached with some contact cement called Welder.

Reply to
Deodiaus

Has anyone had any experience servicing his back flow preventer? I replaced parts (1, 15, 16) of the wilkins 975xl 1 inch, but I still have water leaking out (1 gal/min) the square hole right by part nu 15 in the diagram

you think replacing the spring #17 would make a difference? I did not see any damage to the funnel shaped device, but maybe it is too small to visually see?

Deodiaus