Dog Licking the chair

My dog has an incessant need to lick the metal legs of our kitchen stools. Love the dog but is there anything that I can coat the legs with that will discourage from licking them? Thanks for your help.

Reply to
jb

Tobasco sauce comes to mind.

Reply to
Frank

There are anti lick sprays on the market. The dog isn't missing something in his diet?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Hi, Have you talked to your vet? Your dog may be deficient in some kind of mineral.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Not enough chromium in his diet?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Do you have any exterior doors?

If so, put the dog on the exterior side and see if that helps. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

I agree with the others that he needs some mineral, or else he is just bored. Add a vitamin/mineral to his food, and get him some toys. Then try to brush some hot sauce on the chair legs. This works on horses who chew wood, it may as well work for this. At worst it will not work, but wont hurt the dog.

PS. Habenero sauce is hotter than Jalapeno if one dont work, try the other.

Reply to
J_Heffron

jb wrote the following:

There is a product especially made to keep pets and animals from licking or chewing on things. 'Bitter Apple' spray, found in pet stores and other places that sell pet products.

Reply to
willshak

Keep the chair legs clean, good dog.

Reply to
LSMFT

tobasco, but who cares if he licks them?

Reply to
Steve Barker

probably the best answer here. I was wondering what the hell the dog was doing IN the house.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Jeff The Drunk

+1
Reply to
mike

Steve Barker wrote in news:JJCdnf8iRYOgRyDWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

He's a good friend and family member. YOU should be banished to the garage.

Reply to
Stepfann King

He may just like licking something cool.

Reply to
FlavorFlav

Lol. I grew up on a farm but I got a dog living in this house (to keep the peace) and he even sleeps in my bed. If he starts any shit his ass will be living outside, and he appears to have taken my hints.

He's "family", but I love him like a dog because he is a dog and treating a dog like a dog is best for the dog, as well as everyone else.

She, however, has no kids so I feel I must capitulate to her need to nurture and accept what violates a basic premise of my upbringing in relative silence because that is what appears to be in my own best self interest.

The line is drawn, and I have been allowed to draw it, in relative silence.

It is -her- dog, I'm just its master. We compromise, otherwise one of us would kill the other and have a hard-ass time finding someone else to tolerate us. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

Substitute your penis for the chair legs !!!!!

Reply to
no

We had a dog once that incessantly licked the screen door. It turned out the dog was retarded and had a severe mineral deficiency.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

I once had for a little while a dog that liked to lick front bumpers on moving cars.

Reply to
Jeff The Drunk

Do you live near Zzyzx Road near Baker, CA.?

JawBone