This could work...

Page 2 of 3
> I am also sure that the Treasury Department would not be amused. You > are messing with the potential for serious trouble with that sort of > seemingly innocent joke. Those Treasury folks are not a fun group. > > All the best,
> Kenneth > At a place I used to work, a woman brought her dipstick teenage daughter in for the day. The lunchroom had several vending machines and a $1/$5 bill changer. Dipstick took a $5 bill, made a photocopy, colored it in with a green magic marker, and ran it through the bill changer, getting 5 Susan B. Anthonys in return. When Mom realized the potential for serious charges, she informed the VP, who called the vending company. The vending company was more amused than pissed, and graciously settled for the return of the money and an apology without notifying the authorities.
Now I don't know about you, but if I'm designing sensors for a bill changer, the FIRST thing I would guard against is a dipstick with a magic marker.
B.
Sun, Apr 11, 2004, 10:33pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@SPAMLESSrcn.com (Kenneth) says: I am sure that is fun... I am also sure that the Treasury Department would not be amused. You are messing with the potential for serious trouble with that sort of seemingly innocent joke. Those Treasury folks are not a fun group.
Ah, let him play. When he gets picked up for trying to pass funny money, he'll learn. Apparently, a women got picked up for just that, trying to buy stuff with a $1,000,000 bill, a bit back. Heard it on the news. Dunno if she's till in the jug, or not.
JOAT Don't e-mail me while I'm breathing.

Nice job, Doug - post some pics on ABPW!
AS for changing a $1,000,000 bill, read Mark Twain's "The Million Pound Bank Note" for some ideas on how to make it work.

A genuine "Grover Cleveland" is a _lot_ more valuable. <grin>

My dad gave us a real one when we got married... "Course, it was Canadian, so only about a 3/4 M...
djb
--
Okay, so this is my new sig line, eh?

Are there still $1,000 bills in Canada?
On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 20:09:00 -0500, p snipped-for-privacy@postzzzmark.net (p_j) scribbled:

Not for long: http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/faq.htm#23

There was at least one, 15 years ago. A quick Google search suggest the M note is the highest denomination Canuck bill in circulation.
djb
--
Was that last sig line lame or what?

I had mine in 1994

One time when I needed $6000 cash for a raffle, I had my bank get one for me. (Canadian $1000 dollar bill). Took them two days to order it in. It's got a bird on it, a Grosbeak if I remember. It was kind of neat, but I liked the stack of $100 dollar bills better. Told my friends I had 25 feet of money. (6" each). You'd think that $5000 cash laid end to end would be longer than that.
I'm an American and I haven't a clue. Slang, either old time or regional, is a pain.

Hi CW,
"haven't a clue" would certainly seem to qualify... <g>
Slang is:
"A kind of language occurring chiefly in casual and playful speech, made up typically of short-lived coinages and figures of speech that are deliberately used in place of standard terms for added raciness, humor, irreverence, or other effect."
All the best,
--
Kenneth

Congratulations. Now that you have set a standard for pricing I'm going to follow suit Nothing I do will be sold for less than an M-note per pair.
I'm sure you had a smile when you went to bed that night. Ed
"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message

Actually, it was the party that did it ... keep going to parties and you'll have more work than you can handle. DAMHIKT
Congratulations!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/08/04

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:41:51 +0000, Searcher wrote:

Sheesh, don't they teach anything in school anymore?
I = 1 V = 5 X = 10 L = 50 C = 100 D = 500 M = 1000
http://home.planet.nl/~napel/roman.htm
-Doug
--
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul." - George Bernard Shaw

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:53:54 +0000, Bob Schmall wrote:

Close, Bobus
MC == 1100 CM == 900
Dougus
--
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul." - George Bernard Shaw
Everyone's fixated on the "M-note". I understood that part. But what's a burfl? O.
A manufactured widget.