Thicknesser advice taken

Hi guys, A couple of weeks ago I asked for any advice as I was thinking of getting a combined planer thicknesser. Well just to show that I listened, I didn't get a combined unit but went to a tool show here in UK and bought myself a 13" portable thicknesser and a separate 6" jointer. I also got a little carried away and bought a bandsaw, a dust extractor and a spare set of blades for everything. The show prices were below normal catalogue ones to the extent that I virtually got the bandsaw for free. All bought from Axminster Tools, No connection etc. So far all is working well and I am a happy worker. Thanks to those who replied with advice, it was certainly appreciated and acted upon.
John
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 20:20:45 -0000, "John Manders"

as soon as I turned it on, but the planer is a little beauty. As luck would have it, I have just come across a combination tool (very like ShopSmith) which has a very solid 6" planer on a cast iron bed, so the planer has to go, probably on ebay. R