The Pointy Stick Compendium Project - URL

Page 1 of 2
Not done by any means but The Pointy Stick Compendium Project is at least "off the ground".
Here's the page for plans http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/PointyStick/PSplans.html
you can get back to the Table of Content from there.
charlie b Executive Director The Pointy Stick Compendium Project
WOW. I didn't know that Jet had released a black pen model. How does it compare to the Delta and Powermatic black pens?
SteveP.

Are plans for a round stick in the works?
UA100

I can't seem to find what appears to be the "white" wood in the plans. Do you have plans for any other types of wood?
SWMBO has been after me to make one of these to put in her garden so's she can put her little signs up -- I'm trying to decide if I want to modify the original "right pointing" diagram into something that is "down pointing", or just wait for the plans to come out. I'm thinking it might be easier to just wait, cause hopefully by then I'll be able to justify a new tool purchase....
-Steve in Banks, OR http://woodworking.bigelowsite.com

Are there any .dwg digitized drawings for a CNC available?
Tue, Mar 8, 2005, 11:39am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@accesscom.com (charlieb) puts out: Not done by any means but The Pointy Stick Compendium Project is at least "off the ground". Here's the page for plans http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/PointyStick/PSplans.html you can get back to the Table of Content from there.
This is a joke, right? You don't show the length. You don't even say what color you're supposed to paint it. And, are there different colors for a right pointing one, and left pointing one? Suppose you want one to carry point up, or point down? What colors are they supposed to be? These plans are useless for me, I can't work from plans that leave out critical instructions.
J T wrote:

What about the chamfer on the non pointy end? What size is is supposed to be? Can someone tell me how to print the plan backwards to make a left handed pointy stick? Joe

I'll say!
Where's the damned cutlist? I can't do anything without a cutlist!!!
On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:39:32 GMT, "patrick conroy"

Man, what a bunch of whiners! Here somebody goes to all the trouble of compiling all this useful information and you're asking for basics and nits? Go to the leebrary and get yourself a book on basics of pointy-stick making, then the plans will be crystal clear.
:-)
On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 22:33:49 -0700, Mark & Juanita

Careful! I'm pretty sure the Fed-rul Gubb-ment could declare any collection of two or more pointy sticks an "arsenal."

the federal regulations concerning the specifications, possession or manfacture of pointy sticks?

If only your energies could be channeled into something useful.
Gus

Learn to attribute. Then we will know who you are quoting. Without proper attributes, we can only assume that you are talking to yourself.
And I will take some good orginal humor over your grey and gloomy "usefulness" any day.
Lee
Lee spewed:

"orginal" humor? What's that? About body parts?
Here's some "original" thinking for you, Lee.
Preface such a thread with [HUM] or [HUMOR] in the subject line. Then, people looking for "grey and gloomy usefulness" have some warning.
Plus, my rejoinder was intended to be humorous, or at least light-hearted.
Gus
<snip>

That reminds me, I need new blades for my rejoinder.
--
"Stay calm. Be brave. Wait for the signs."

regards,
Buck Frobisher rejoined: <That reminds me, I need new blades for my rejoinder>
I believe Norm has one of those. Its used to widen boards that have been over-machined.
Gus
Buck Frobisher wrote:

Also be sure to set the blades carefully to determine how big a chunk you take out of the rejoindee on each pass. And apply the rejoinder firmly. Otherwise you're likely to get snipe.
--RC

    Oh, so you expected a thread with this title to be *serious*... I think you're confusing it with the "Pole up my ^~~ thread.
====Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. ===={remove curly brackets for email}
Gus wrote:

And I took it as intended. You WILL be hearing from my psychiatrist. The Pointy Stick Compendium Project is therapeutic - and it gives me an excuse to put off dealing with knife hinges on a coopered door cabinet.
BTW - contributions of original pointy stick designs are beginning to pour in. OK so I've only received one drawing so far. But it was a Tom Plamann original - Mahogany Turned Column with Fluting Pointy Stick - very high end stuff - as expected.
http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/PointyStick/PScontributedDesigns.html
Have also put up some In The Style Of pointy sticks for your perusal. (watch the line wrap)
http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/PointyStick/PSinTheStyleOf1.html
Have to have something wood related to do 'til my head and chest clear up. This idea is a lot of fun.
charlie b
PS - JOAT - I did have dimensions on the plans but figured some folks would have trouble converting from cubits. I know you wouldn't 'cause you worked with cubits during your Tikki making days.
Wed, Mar 9, 2005, 7:43pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@accesscom.com (charlieb) says: <snip>PS - JOAT - I did have dimensions on the plansbut figured some folks would have trouble converting from cubits. I know you wouldn't 'cause you worked with cubits during your Tikki making days.
The Hell you say. I'm painting my pointy damn stick yellow, so there.