The Other Side of Home Depot

Page 2 of 2

It's hard to imagine that you could do worse.

You forgot the attribution
http://news.spamcop.net/pipermail/spamcop-social/2001-April/005353.html
On 9/9/2009 5:32 AM diggerop spake thus:

[snip]
Dang; I was going to give HeyBub a 5 out of a possible 10 (has a good beat and you can dance to it) until you popped the bubble and pointed out the plagiarism. Killjoy.

ROFLMAO!
At first I thought you were an annoying jerk.
Now I find out you're an annoying jerk I'm pretty sure I could have a great time with on a fishing trip!
Don't suffer fools, let fools suffer...
:-D
If you ever want to come fishing in Canada, let me know!
Somebody wrote:

While in high school, worked in a hardware store after school and on weekends.
One of my jobs was to be "Freddy" and use the pick up truck to deliver items to customers.
This was in a town of about 15,000 in the mid 50's.
Open 8-5 M-T-TH-F, 8-12 W, 8A-9P Sat and closed Sunday.
Today the town has grown to maybe 20,000, Walmart and Lowes have come to town.
Otherwise, not much has changed.
Lew
krw wrote:

I was suggesting (jokingly) be the doctor or chef or whatevers... :)

That's a bummer--wouldn't really expect that so much. The only large employer here is quite hardnosed but they're on a high-volume production line where it isn't easy to get around a missing body. Other than that, afaict virtually all employers are pretty laisse faire as to personal time as long as the job gets done.

The guy I'd call here would go figure out what parts were needed if that were necessary... :)

Sorry, I misunderstood incorrectly. Nah, doctors are around too many sick people. Chefs work too hard. I have a great job now.

My current employer still wants 8 hours. It doesn't much matter if I worked all weekend too. Well, it does, somewhat, but time off is time off.

I'm sure. ;-)
krw wrote: ...

Well, sure, but does it have to be from the stroke of 8-12/1-5 rather than 7-11/2-6, say on the rare once-off day?

Saw you're in E AL not too far from Hotlanta -- not around Roanoke by any chance??? Had real good friends while in TN who were born and raised there...they probably could tell you who "Freddy" is... :)

Generally 6:30 to 5:30, but Lowes and HD are on the way home. ;-)
If it's buying a 2x4 it's no problem to step out at lunch, but few honey-do jobs are that simple. Most involve emergency trips to the hos^h^h^hhardware store in the middle.

Didn't know where Roanoke was, so had to look it up. ;-) We've lived here for a year so I'm not too familiar with the areas off the beaten path. I live near Auburn, about 35mi South of Roanoke.
krw wrote: ...

It's off the heavily beaten path for sure... :)
Auburn is kewl; went to several UT (go Vols!!!) games there over the years... :)

I guess Auburn is cool, if you're a SEC fan. ;-) SWMBO hates football weekends here. I actually live in Opelika, on the NE side of Auburn, (where the HomeDespot and Lowe's are ;-).
*snip*

*snip*
What kind of CFM do you get out of it? That might be worth asking HD to extend my credit limit for.
Puckdropper

The data tag says it will deliver 12.2 scfm at 175 psi. Of course, I have no way to verify that, but if it even comes close, I'll never exceed its' output with anything I do.
Joe
aka 10x
Puckdropper wrote:

It will run a jitterbug wide open all day long.
It cannot support a sandblaster on a continuous basis.
Lew
On 9/7/2009 4:39 AM 10x spake thus:

Well, I'm one of those "most". But I will say this about Home Despot:
1. They're cheaper on a lot of stuff (but not everything, so one needs to comparison shop).
2. It's a hell of a lot easier picking up things like tubafours and plywood there, assuming they have what you want (in the quality you can tolerate): no problem sorting through the bins, within reason.
3. Their return policy is very good, to the point where it can be abused (not saying I've ever done that ...).
4. They're open on Sundays, unlike my favorite local hardware store (Ace), which is not only closed Sundays, but also promptly at 5:00 weekdays, which often sucks.
So as long as you don't need help (beyond "where is _____?"), you're fine.