The Illusionist

Did any of you see the movie? If so, surely the locket in there would have gotten your attention.
Any ideas how one like that 'wood' be made?
--
Kate
______
"Sam Soltan" <samsoltan_48323atyahoodotcom> wrote in message

Don't post photos in this newsgroup.

Don't worry about it -- you can't, even if you try. News servers strip attachments from posts in non-binary groups.
--
Regards,

I saw all the attachments, and I wasn't trying.
B.

You can't build a usable one exactly as shown in the movie. They used two different props: one that rotates and one that slides open.
That was what I was trying to show,

On a more positive note, you should be able to create something similar: instead of having the heart slide open in one piece, use two hinges so that both halves of the heart slide open separately. You can then put another hinge in to join the two pieces. Of course when you put a photo in there it will be all torn up ;-)
Here's a clip of that locket :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SykzBEgaKK4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
nOp39btu4

One of the links on this video's page is another one showing how to build it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3jwVMIz4PQ&mode=related&search
B.
Who would have thought?
Well here are some sketches for an all-wood construction : http://cranitorium.com/aneurysm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id &ItemidP
Thanks Guys! I might have a go at it sometime after I get finished with this house!
--
Kate
______

I'd skip all that fancy stuff, and just use small supermagnets to hold the pieces together.