the Harbor Freight "Fire Sale"

for some reason I couldn't not think about this group when I went through the catalogue of this month's Harbor Freight tool selection, which it deems to be a "Fire Sale." I
In the previous catalogue the price for a 3"x21" belt sander was $29.99. In this month's catalogue with the "FIRE SALE" and "RED HOT" deals, the very same belt sander is $32.99. The price went up, as you can see.
The 12" x 33-3/8 wood lathe in the previous catalogue was $299.99, and in this fire sale the price is $319.99.
The wood planer they sell was $289.99, and is now $299.99
I guess what Harbor Freight means that in this fire sale is you're gonna get burnt!
On Sat, 7 May 2016 07:28:45 -0700 (PDT) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

this is a common trick
have seen this used at store closing sales
but it works and people just cannot resist getting what they think is a deal
buyer beware
On Sat, 7 May 2016 07:28:45 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

But Sunday there is 25% off on one item. Had these items been left on a special sale price they sometimes do not qualify for the bigger special coupon which makes them all less expensive then they were before.
On Saturday, May 7, 2016 at 6:50:54 PM UTC-7, OFWW wrote:

at least somebody noticed.