the Harbor Freight "Fire Sale"

for some reason I couldn't not think about this group when I went through the catalogue of this month's Harbor Freight tool selection, which it deems to be a "Fire Sale." I

In the previous catalogue the price for a 3"x21" belt sander was $29.99. In this month's catalogue with the "FIRE SALE" and "RED HOT" deals, the very same belt sander is $32.99. The price went up, as you can see.

The 12" x 33-3/8 wood lathe in the previous catalogue was $299.99, and in this fire sale the price is $319.99.

The wood planer they sell was $289.99, and is now $299.99

I guess what Harbor Freight means that in this fire sale is you're gonna get burnt!

Reply to
AsteroidSeven

this is a common trick

have seen this used at store closing sales

but it works and people just cannot resist getting what they think is a deal

buyer beware

Reply to
Electric Comet

But Sunday there is 25% off on one item. Had these items been left on a special sale price they sometimes do not qualify for the bigger special coupon which makes them all less expensive then they were before.

Reply to
OFWW

at least somebody noticed.

Reply to