Termites in my redwood table

Dear Woodworking Gurus -
Help! I've got termites in my redwood table. They are flying in and out of little holes they've made between the boards that comprise the table top. Something tells me that adding another coat of paint is not going to help.
How do I get rid of them -- and save this lovely, old table?
-- Heather
I would inject a pesticide in each of the little hole in the wood. A syringe would be ideal. Termites are tenacious, but fragile. I bought a bunch of Dursban from Home Depot before it was pulled from the market. I occasionally get a flare up of termites in my house. Hard to keep away, but easy to kill.

If you've got termites in a frigging table you've got bigger problems in the whole building. Call an exterminator and don't bother us.
Sorry, but this stinks of troll.
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Sounds that way Dave, If its painted how do you know its redwood, Oh m'gosh I forgot Termites don't eat redwood George

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 04:14:13 -0700, "George M. Kazaka"

Termites eat anything available but they're connoisseurs. http://www.buginfo.com/wooddestroying/drywood2.cfm
Replace "termites" with "Cajun" and you perfectly described the latter.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

Anyone who sucks the guts outta crawdads should be considered a kinda sewer, not a connoisseur, sir. Granted, they do fry up a mean blackfish and their gators ain't bad, hoooEEE.
Larry Jaques wrote:

AH they fry a mean redfish and catfish and rarely eat 'gator. You got a problem with Coon Asses? I don't live down there, but I've got a passal of relatives that do. I'm assuming you're trying to be funny, right? Hank, me.
pixelated:

Then this must by all means be a job for the "Men In Black" <G>