Tee Nuts

I'd like to locate a source for 1/4-20 stainless tee nuts without prongs in the base. For appearance reasons I'd prefer not to have the prongs. I do have a few but don't recall where I bought them.
Is anyone aware of a source for a few hundred of these?
Thanks, Boden
Maybe try searching for them as "connector bolts" or "cap nuts"
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page68
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page69
boden wrote:

Are you looking for propell nuts? There's a picture at:
http://www.stafast.com/images/parts_tnuts_propell.jpg
Chris
I don't know about 'no prongs', but my buddies at www.McFeeleys.com have them in stainless. Also Threaded Inserts which may suit your purpose even better.
Regards & good Luck, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop

Lowes

1/4-20 Stainless Steel Tee Nuts http://www.mcfeelys.com/product.asp?pid=SSN-2520

Barrel Nuts - S/S Barrel Nuts are perfect for Thru Bolting in marine applications. Jamestown Distributors has barrel nuts in chromed brass and stainless steel....

boden wrote:

McMaster-Carr. They are expensive.
Bob AZ
boden wrote:

boden (in snipped-for-privacy@tidewater.net) said:
| I'd like to locate a source for 1/4-20 stainless tee nuts without | prongs in the base. For appearance reasons I'd prefer not to have | the prongs. I do have a few but don't recall where I bought them. | | Is anyone aware of a source for a few hundred of these?
Check the top-left photo-link on the manufacturer's web page at http://stafast.com/products/index.html and see if this is what you're looking for.

I buy 'em at Lowes all the time... they have small nail holes in them instead of those damn prongs that bend or carve grooves in the wood all the time...
The look pretty good if you take the time to use a couple of different size forstner bits to counter sink them.. Mac

pics in ABPW Mac
Thanks all. I now know that I am looking for Propell nuts.
Now, all I need is to find them in stainless.
Boden
boden wrote:

Not quite what you asked for, but close..
http://www.shipstore.com/SS/HTML/BEC/BECBB25001.html