tablesaws

Page 1 of 3
hey everybody i am going to be in the market for a new tablesaw in a couple of months. it is either going to be a delta unisaw or woodtek. i have heard plenty of things about delta but nothing of woodtek.anybody out there with a woodtek.
thanks russ www.russkinzie.com
Let me clear up Mike's post . . . obviously confused :-)
First, get the Grizzly. Do not pass go, and you won't have to shell out many $$.
Get the Grizzly. Period.
Ok, if you are hard-headed and want to think over something else, get a Jet cabinetsaw.
But, remember, get the Grizzly.
Ok, if you're REALLY hard-headed, look at the Unisaw. If you must, get a Unisaw.
One more time. Get the Grizzly.
There are many reasons, but don't cause yourself pain. Just get the Grizzly.
Mike
You don't have to thank me, Mike. (I know you won't anyway!) LOL!
Jums

You guys want to settle this with pistols in the churchyard at dawn? ;-) -- Ernie

Hell no - I'm sleeping in tomorrow. Check with Mike's secretary - have her check with my secretary, and we'll see what time is convenient. If you have time, that is . . . . . :-)
Jums

You're sleeping with Mike's secretary ?
Get the Unisaw. You can always sell the children.
- Unless you're British, in which case get an old Wadkin.
Or alternatively, get the non-Unisaw equivalent (US, Delta something, with big trunnions, like a Wadkin, not axle bearings like a Unisaw).
But don't get the Grizzly. You can get better than the Grizzly, and you can get cheaper than the Grizzly, but the Grizzly is not the same as a Unisaw equivalent. That huge weight of cast iron really is worth having.
If you're selling the children go all the way http://www.northfieldwoodworking.com/tablesaws/tablesaws.htm Joe who's glad he was sitting down when he checked the price
Andy Dingley wrote:

Holy shit! Well, like y'all are fond of saying, buy it right the first time and only cry once!
Rob
Who is wishing he wasn't drinking his morning Coke when he looked at the price list.
Buy a Unisaw first. Then with the difference between it and a PM 66, go buy the Delta Industrial drill press for $700. It is nice.
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 08:48:35 -0400, "Rob Walters"

and don't forget to get the optional saw-stop.

"Charlie Spitzer" wrote in message:

Yeah - weiner tested too! (oh shit - here we go again!)
"Mike in Mystic" wrote in message:

LOL! Glad I got a smile out of ya Mike. I'm starting the weekend off early (off tomorrow) so I won't be around here to crack a grin with ya.

If ya got the *big* bucks - get the Norm Abrams model. :-)

Jim Mc Namara wrote:

This thing will pass the nickel test, toast bread, figure your income tax, and count the change in your pocket by radar. Take that all you Unisars and Grizzers. ;-)     mahalo,     jo4hn
I always figured the Powermatic was THE SAW. The one to buy just because it's the best. Kind of like buying a bmw over my very serviceable toyota.
-David

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:11:59 GMT, d snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (D) wrote:

The PM 66 meets all the citeria of a quality tablesaw and the tablesaw is the workhorse of most shops. Delta tablesaws used to be well-made in the 1950's, but today the quality is not the same. I can't compare tablesaws to vehicles because it would be rare to see a vehicle that has lasted a lifetime. A General 350 tablesaw is also good.

Don't hold back, Mike...you can tell us how you really feel...we can take it.
:)
Mike
Grizzly - smizzly
Get a real saw, get a Felder

Thats a kit saw ain't it? ;~)

Naw, it's one of those saws that are owned by people who think they can buy talent.
Get the Unisaw. In order, get the Unisaw, Powermatic 66, Jet [?] or Grizzley. Reasons: better finish [on those I've seen], more accessories, made in USA. harrym

Harry, WHich are made in USA?