I am prepared to be shot down.....

I have a long border,and want to do as little weeding as possible! I know its lazy, but Ive put some weed control sheeting down,while I decide whats best to plant. im in Shropshire. Soil is clumpy,mixed with multi purpose recently. Acidic I think. The border is about 30ft By a fence,so partial shade. I have a lovely wild blue geranium,2 clamatis, 2 tall blue flowers (sorry,I cant remember the names)some thing like dilphania!

2 red leaved plants, mum said they produce runners.The leaves are a bit like mini caster oil plants leaves. Forget me nots. I want some larger shrubs, with ground coverage,so the weeds wont be as noticable. I would like some thing other than blue flowers.But flowering shrubs are a must! Suggestions? Cheers
Reply to
kathateria

Hi Kathateria, Having gone to the trouble to put the sheeting down, why dont you leave it there and plant into it ? This will ensure that your mantainence will be minimal. As to what to plant, I think that is really up to you, personally, I would be planting in groups and using shrubs that give foliage colour and texture (as you have this year round) most do flower but treat the flowers as a bonus. Lannerman

Reply to
lannerman