Tablesaw - Router Extension

I am thinking of converting one of the sides of my Tablesaw into a router table. I see a lot of pictures of folks doing this, but I don't see the detail on how it's 'attached' to the TS. I have 4 bolts holding the current extension on the TS, but I don't know how I could use those bolts since the router extension would be solid, unlike the metal table top being 'hollow-like', if that makes any sense.
Could I just drill the holes into the side to hook to the TS then use a forstner bit to drill up through the bottom so that I have a place to start the bolts? Also, should the extension be bolted to the fence rails, too?
Any advice, links, pictures appreciated.
Mike

This is how I did mine: http://benchnotes.com/Fence/fence.html

Putting a gap in for a miter slot was clever. I am not sure I would have done it, but it was clever. I made my frame entirely out of wood. I made an extension on the other side out of wood two years ago and haven't had any problems with it.
Mike W. wrote:

On my Ridgid TS2424 table saw with the webbed cast iron extensions, I chose not to replace the left hand extension but instead to just add the router table extension to the outside aspect of the existing wing. Without wandering downstairs and crawling under the saw to see how I did it, I just drilled some holes into the outside of the wing and bolted the router table extension to it.
http://home.carolina.rr.com/jayhanig/table saw1.jpg http://home.carolina.rr.com/jayhanig/router wing.jpg
There's no sag to it at all. I mounted a PC 7518 3.25 hp router in it. BTW, don't be thrown off by all the spring clamps on the router fence. They're there only because I needed a place to have them that was handy. They're not necessary for the router or its table.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Mike W. wrote:

Make an alternate suggestion.
A couple of saw horses and a piece of 3/4" MDF with a fixed router base attached has been used as a router table by a lot of cabinet shops for a long time.
Pull it out and set it up when you need it, fold it up and stack it agaonst the wall when you are finished.
Lew

I had concerns about hanging a B1617 on the wing; putting a PC7518 out past the wing takes a lot of nerve. But you say it is fine, so I guess I should relax.

Here is mine. In my Unisaw. Rockler has all the parts.
http://www.teamcasa.org/workshop/images/shop_14.jpg
Dave

Biesemeyer extension tables are not bolted to the saw. Instead, they are supported by the fence rails. You could attach your table in the same manner. However, if I were doing this, I would find a way to bolt the extension table to the saw and to the fence rails. Jim