Workshop stool/chair?

I have been looking for an adjustable height padded chair that is tall enough to use at the workbench and swivels and rolls. Are there work shop chairs like this? I havent seen anything in the tool catalogs.

any thoughts on where to find one?

Reply to
trs80

Office supply. Some call these workbench stools or drafting stools. Put on casters as needed. I have one in my shop.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Search for "adjustable shop stool" at

bluemax1811-newsgroups

Draftsman Chair

Dave

TeamCasa

Saw the perfect one yesterday in Costco. Made with a motorcycle style seat and, IIRC, 5 casters. $85.00. Sat on it for a while and liked it - seemed fairly heavy duty. I'm mulling over going back to get one.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Tue, Nov 29, 2005, 8:15pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (trs80) doth query: I have been looking for an adjustable height padded chair that is tall enough to use at the workbench and swivels and rolls. Are there work shop chairs like this? I havent seen anything in the tool catalogs. any thoughts on where to find one?

Typist/office chair. Height, back, adjustable. Padded Casters. $5 used.

JOAT A rolling stone gathers no moss...unless it's a hobby he does on the weekends.

Reply to
J T

try this.

'd have to put casters on it to meet your specs.

jc

Reply to
noonenparticular

On Tue 29 Nov 2005 10:15:36p, "trs80" wrote in news:sH9jf.24751$ih5.20568@dukeread11:

I stop in at the local St Vinnie's once a month or so. Just about every time, I see stools like that, in various conditions. A lot of 'em look pretty heavy-duty.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

I've been using a drafting chair for over 20 years. It has height adjustment, back support, swivels, rolls around, cushioned, and has a foot rest. Of course you can make a custom (less comfortable) wooden one.

Reply to
Phisherman

Or you could go the DIY route - Lee Valley has a piano stool mechanism and plans:

intend to make the stool this winter - I have an upholsterer friend who will pad the seat for me.

Dudley

Reply to
Demosthenes

part # 4834T95 from