Source for small metal cam clamps

Hi folks,
Anyone know where to get metal cam clamps in a small size (say #8 or #10 screw)?
Here is an example of a larger 1/4" one, from Lee Valley: http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=2&cat=3,43576&pE034
Rockler also sells the 1/4" one. I checked McMaster-Carr and Woodcraft and came up empty.
Thanks in advance, Nate
p.s. It's for a crazy project; a wooden Dobsonian telescope I have about half finished.
Sat, Jan 22, 2005, 4:18pm (EST+5) n snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (NatePerkins) jumps up and calls out: Hi folks, Anyone know where to get metal cam clamps in a small size (say #8 or #10 screw)? <snip>
No idea, I make all my cam clamps from scratch, 100% wood. You might wanna try that. A LOT cheaper, and work fine.
JOAT Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people what they need to get. - Albert
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in

Hi JOAT,
I've made larger cam clamps from scratch, but never one this small. I'll make a prototype and see how it goes.
Thanks, Nate
I had the same problem - with the same search results. You buy the cam clamp, then get a piece of steel rod (~3/8"??) to replace the original cross nut, drill and tap any size hole you need, then cut to length. You can buy the 1/4-20 and 5/16-18 sizes in Rockler blue...
JeffB

Could you just drill and tap the same cross nut -- 90 degrees from the existing hole? Just a thought. -- Igor

Hi folks,
Many thanks for the replies.
My original message was badly worded in that what I am looking for are smaller clamp handles, to fit (presumably) smaller bolts. The 1/4" handles are about 3" long; I was looking for some that are maybe half that size. The clamps go in a pretty tight space.
Cheers, Nate
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:18:53 GMT, Nate Perkins

Bicycle shops sell "quick releases" for axles and seat post binder bolts. They're metric, but are smaller and easily available.
Barry

Yes, that's it. Thank you!