Source for a router collet adapter, 3/4" to 7/8"??

I'd like to use a router "instant-bit-change" doohickey, like the ones Craftsman sells, since I got one for free. The trouble is that the one I got fits a PC collet, which is 3/4", but my Makita is 7/8". Do you know anyone who makes a slender adapter for solving such a problem as this?
This groups has always been great at either pointing me to suppliers/solutions, or warning me of bad ideas.
Thanks, H
hylourgos wrote:

Ok.
Bad idea...