Snakewood

Hey guys, am looking for some comments. Am considering importing some Snakewood, some for my own use and some to sell, at $10 per pound. It would all be highly figured wood. Although expensive, that seems to be a reasonable price given what's out there. Was thinking to sell it custom cut to size, whatever the buyer wants. What do you think, is the wood too expensive or too much trouble to be worth it? Thanks for the feedback

*snip*
$10 a pound is an unusal woodworking metric. You might confuse people if you don't have an approximate equivalent BF estimate nearby.
Puckdropper

Puckdropper wrote:

The only local yard that still has exotic woods sells most of them by the board foot, but they sell Australian burls by the pound. One online source for Snakewood charges by the piece and gives the dimensions and weight--it works out to about $130 a board foot or more than $20 a pound.
--John
This site has good price for many products. I have used it many time. http://www.thehardwarecity.com /
--
yuva342

So this is the website favored by scumbag spammers?