Small bathroom project

Found a new use for 1/4" Corian: drawer bottoms. (A nice little 'sell- up'.)

------------------------------- Since drawer bottom is usually unsupported except at the edges, drawers of necessity should be kept small IMHO.

Weight might become an issue as drawers become larger.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Smart man. No vessel style sink, 1-pc terlit, curved shower rod, segregated shower curtain.

-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

Reply to
Larry Jaques

2.5 lbs/sq.ft is a bit higher than plywood, but you can slide the bottom out and clean it throughly. On larger drawers, like pot/pan drawers in a kitchen, I would opt for another choice although I think a drawer up to 30" wide would be just fine with an edge-supported corian bottom.
Reply to
Robatoy

Excellent, as usual, Rob!

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks, Karl. Granpa on mother's side was a carpenter who had very simple sayings:

"What's done is done."

"If you're going to do it, DO it."

I have the fold-up wooden rule he whacked my hand with when I wasn't holding my eating utensils properly. Chewed tobacco 24/6 'cept Sunday.

He taught me many things I didn't become aware of till much later in life.

Reply to
Robatoy

Prine sings:

Grandpa wore his suit to dinner Nearly every day No particular reason He just dressed that way Brown necktie and a matching vest And both his wingtip shoes He built a closet on our back porch And put a penny in a burned out fuse.

Chorus: Grandpa was a carpenter He built houses stores and banks Chain smoked camel cigarettes And hammered nails in planks He was level on the level And shaved even every door And voted for eisenhower 'cause lincoln won the war.

Well, he used to sing me "blood on the saddle" And rock me on his knee And let me listen to radio Before we got t.v. Well, he'd drive to church on sunday And take me with him too! Stained glass in every window Hearing aids in every pew.

Repeat chorus:

Now my grandma was a teacher Went to school in bowling green Traded in a milking cow For a singer sewing machine She called her husband "mister" And walked real tall and pride And used to buy me comic books After grandpa died.

Repeat chorus:

Reply to
Robatoy

Got Pandora channels for John Prine, Kris Kristofferson, Tom T. Hall ... just for the helluvit.

"How old do you think I am? he said. I said, well, I didn't know. He said, I turned 65 about 11 months ago."

Reply to
Swingman

I have the Mac Wiseman/ John Prine duet of Old Dogs on CD. Gotto love it. I play it often.

Reply to
Robatoy