Small bathroom project

Page 2 of 2

In this case, it was Angela who couldn't find anything she liked enough for us to buy. This is our upstairs bathroom. I have done jobs like this for other people, most don't get 'The Numbers'. $ 8 to 12 K isn't that abnormal for a 'down-to-the-studs' reno. Two sets of drains all the way to the stack. All new electrical. New window, new floor, new tub and toilet, new cabinets (custom) new top and undermount vanity, all new fixtures and all new ventilation. That stuff adds up in a hurry.
Pier 1 and places like that are great for ideas, but the executions of their 'ideas' usually suck canal water. Angela saw a japanese room divider and liked the look. I tried to replicate that parchment look with something that would stand up to the environment in a bathroom. The whole thing sortakinda worked backwards from there.
On 10/10/10 12:22 PM, Robatoy wrote:

You totally nailed that inspiration.
--

-MIKE-

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 09:35:13 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Purrrrrrty.
Smart man. No vessel style sink, 1-pc terlit, curved shower rod, segregated shower curtain.
-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman
On 10/3/2010 11:21 AM, Robatoy wrote:

<snip>
Excellent, as usual, Rob!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Thanks, Karl. Granpa on mother's side was a carpenter who had very simple sayings:
"What's done is done."
"If you're going to do it, DO it."
I have the fold-up wooden rule he whacked my hand with when I wasn't holding my eating utensils properly. Chewed tobacco 24/6 'cept Sunday.
He taught me many things I didn't become aware of till much later in life.

Prine sings:
Grandpa wore his suit to dinner Nearly every day No particular reason He just dressed that way Brown necktie and a matching vest And both his wingtip shoes He built a closet on our back porch And put a penny in a burned out fuse.
Chorus: Grandpa was a carpenter He built houses stores and banks Chain smoked camel cigarettes And hammered nails in planks He was level on the level And shaved even every door And voted for eisenhower 'cause lincoln won the war.
Well, he used to sing me "blood on the saddle" And rock me on his knee And let me listen to radio Before we got t.v. Well, he'd drive to church on sunday And take me with him too! Stained glass in every window Hearing aids in every pew.
Repeat chorus:
Now my grandma was a teacher Went to school in bowling green Traded in a milking cow For a singer sewing machine She called her husband "mister" And walked real tall and pride And used to buy me comic books After grandpa died.
Repeat chorus:
On 10/11/2010 12:56 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Got Pandora channels for John Prine, Kris Kristofferson, Tom T. Hall ... just for the helluvit.
"How old do you think I am? he said. I said, well, I didn't know. He said, I turned 65 about 11 months ago."
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

I have the Mac Wiseman/ John Prine duet of Old Dogs on CD. Gotto love it. I play it often.