Slide Saw Angles

I just got a 10" Hitachi slide saw.
I recall from years ago in a magazine that there was a formula for computing correct angles for cutting the crown flat on the table.
Anyone have this info?
Tks
GC
I dont recall a formula, but there are charts out there that indicate which angles to use for different crown moldings. Not all crowns fit against the wall at the same angles, and not all wall corners are perfectly square in the corners. Corners that are not square change both the cutting angle and bevel. Most pro's have adopted clamping a temporary fence onto the saw table that will hold the molding between it and the saws existing fence at the angle that the molding will be mounted onto the wall. Then you simply cut a "90" degree bevel at what ever angle you need to fit into or around a square or non square corner.

computing
I prefer to cut crown mldg. with the wall edge against the fence and the ceiling edge to the table rather than flat on the table. However, with the larger mldgs. it is necessary to do it flat on the saw. Here's a site with a link that has that info ...
http://www.crownmoulding.com/cutting.htm HTH Lenny

Chips wrote:

Go to Dewalt's site, they've got the chart. Delta used to but dropped it for some reason.
Scott
up later, the damage remains.