12" vs. 10" slide

I have a large project coming up (100'X30' building) that will have a lot of 2x6's and 2x8's to be cut. I'm going to be getting a new miter saw, as the old cheepo 10" doesn't cut deep enough into the table to cut a 2x6 without a bit of lift at the end of the cut. I'm looking at the 12" dewalt (maby the duel bevel) as my budget will be only about the $500can range. Would I be better off getting a 10" slide? Is the factory blade good, or is it something to upgrade as soon as possible?

Reply to
wesf66

The factory blade on the DeWalt is fine for construction lumber/needs. I bought a better blade for furniture/cabinet work, but you won't have a problem for framing.

Chuck

Reply to
Woodchuck34

I have a 12" Dewalt. I built a major addition on my house then loaned it to my neighbor who doubled size of his house and I continue to cut everything from kindling to ABS pipe. Blade's never been off the saw.

(Well, maybe my neighbor took it off to clean it. He always brings my tools back looking like they came out of the box. Wish he'd borrow more tools.)

Reply to
Wes Stewart