Silly Sounding Question about Socks

Page 2 of 2
Is that actually a problem...???? OK, this is no longer the 50's when rolling up the cuffs of your Blue Jeans and exposing your white socks was in style. ;~) Just make sure your pants are long enough to be in style and you should be OK.
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 20:12:12 -0500, "Rob Walters"

REAL men don't wear socks.
Try an apron. If that doesn't help, get the dust collector system you should already be using. It'll keep a lot of the pieces and dust from flying in the first place.
-- SAVE THE PARROTS! Eschew the use of poly! ---------- http://diversify.com Poly-free Website Development
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 20:12:12 -0500, "Rob Walters"

I always wear steel toed boots in the workshop. Too many big heavy things looking to fall on them to do otherwise, and it keeps the splinters out too.

this problem frequently with wool socks, but never with cotton.
Doug Miller wrote:

That is an interesting point at that. I wear plain white socks with the knit gray heel and toe thingies, or else the footie socks with little white snowflakes on the soles. (Oh shut up.) Never wool, and I haven't worn my one pair of dress socks since the last job interview, seven years ago.
Rob Walters wrote:

Go to the dollar store and get some of those genuine 6-pair-for-a-dollar socks. Wear them just in the shop. When one pair gets too full of junk, throw it away.
-- Mark

I only require that my "clean" socks not have any sawdust on them...and my wife seems to have mastered the art of filling my sock drawer with socks that meet my expectations... Once I head out to the shop I personally do not care if I accumulate sawdust on any of my clothing... ...
Bob Griffiths
Rob Walters wrote:

From one fisherman to another: I wear chest-high waders with gravel guards over my boots.
Chuck Vance

For planing, or just for finishing ?
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 20:12:12 -0500, "Rob Walters"

Probably 95% of what I create is dust...saw dust. I get very few wood chips.
And even the chips need to get PUSHED...even though very lightly some times...to get it stuck in my socks. I do often get a lot of dust on the tops of my socks. But I just brush them off lightly while they're on...and the dust easily comes off.
I usually wear long pants or sweats while working...and they completely cover the socks. Summer time shorts causes more of a problem. But, even then, I try to wear long pants most times...to provide even a minimal amount of skin protection.
Have a nice week...
Trent