shingle installation

I want to put cedar shingles on the gable end of our house. Where to start to learn how? Tips for making it easier?
Thanks!
Jo a
Actually, instructions come with just about every bundle of machine-cut cedar shingles I've ever put down. Use stainless fasteners. Tom >Subject: shingle installation

Someday, it'll all be over....

If you start with a perfectly level and straight bottom edge of your starter course, you can make a simple plywood gauge to set the exposure for your subsequent rows. The good starter edge will also give you a good reference line to check your rows as you build up. Use S.S. staples, 3/8" crown is OK with 2 staples per shingle. If you want to keep the look of the cedar, use a good sealant like Penofin on both side before you put them up.
Ed Angell
This otta help http://www.cedarbureau.org /