Senco Brad Nailer Leaks

My 18 gauge nailer leaks air somewhere internally in the tool. It is only about 2 years old, and I've always oiled it per the instructions.
Is this worth getting serviced, or should I just bag it and buy a new one?
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 07:10:48 -0400, "Buck Turgidson"

and some grease fixes a tool.

So it's not a big deal to take it apart and replace rings and seals? Never considered doing it myself, but maybe I should.
uuh, excuse me but...I've been using a Senco SLP20 brad gun for about 15 years professionally.......and just last week had to replace the bumber & ram assembly.........but my Senco is oilfree.....as I thought most all thier finish & trim guns are, ( SPL20, SFn1, SFN40, etc. )ya might wanna double check that yours really is 'sposed to get oil.FWIW Buck Turgidson wrote:

That was my first thought. I got my SFN40 for practically nothing because it had been oiled and all the seals were leaking. A quick rebuild took care of the problem.
Regardless, a Senco is worth rebuilding. -- "We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
woodman461 wrote:

Nope!
I have an FP35, FP18, and an SLS20, that not only require oil, Senco includes it in the case.
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 07:10:48 -0400, "Buck Turgidson"

Absolutely worth getting serviced. Senco is not Harbor Freight. They are a quality tool designed for hard work. I'm surprised about the two years, though. Mine is older than that and hasn't developed any problems. Still, it's worth fixing.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

If your Mercedes developed a flat tire, would you scrap it?
Repair it, Senco is a top notch brand built to last for years and be rebuilt.