Bostitch 18 gauge brad nailer

I am having trouble with the nailer. It wont sink brads unless I boost the pressure to 110psi and take off the plastic tip. I oiled it

2 days ago and have not used it for more than a few tests since then.

Anybody out there had similar problems and solved them?

Len

Reply to
l-lopez

?? Is it an old one?

None of my Bostich nailers, including the 18 ga brad nailer, use oil.

Reply to
Swingman

Maybe it is gummed up from using oil.

By the way I don't think my 18ga Bostich has ever jammed up or misfired ever. I love that yellow bastard.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Make sure it's not an oil-less gun.

Rather than rebuild it, swing by HF and pick up a new one for $15 on sale. Or splurge and go for the stapler/nailer at $20 on sale. ;)

-- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. -- Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Which model do you have? I have three 18 ga brad nailers; a Delta that does double duty as a helluva crown staple nailer, as well as brads, and has not misfired once in six years; a HF $14 special which won't die, misfires occasionally, but is easy to clear; and my goto Bostitch BT1855, which has never misfired, but I hear is hell to clear if it ever jams.

Reply to
Swingman

My Bostitch 16 GA and brad nailer (old) have had to have the trigger module replaced. It is simple to replace. But I believe they just quit working altogether when it went.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Yeah 1855. I heard the same thing, it requires an allen wrench job to unjam but never has jammed.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Problem solved (I think). I took the front end apart, cleaned it, oiled it( yes- it is an oiler) reassembled it and tested it. It seems to be OK now???

Thanks all

Reply to
l-lopez